xxxviii. just a teenage girl

Zacznij od początku

"hey!" plumb snapped. "no physical contact!"

she closed the door once more. briar settled on the other side of the table.

"tell me everything about jail," she said, her pinky wrapped around his across the table. rebelling in their own way.

"shit sucks," john b sighed. "cold, sad, smells like shit and dead dreams."

"wow, where do i sign up?" briar chuckled pathetically.

"i get my own room though," he shrugged. "a bar of soap. a scratchy mattress."

a little tear rolled down briar's face and john b squeezed her hand. "please don't cry, beautiful."

"i'm sorry," briar's voice cracked. "god, how the hell did we get here? all we've ever done is love each other."

"and i'll keep loving you until the day i die, briar rose," john b wiped a tear from briar's face.

"sap," she smiled.

"the things you do to me," john b smiled wider than he had in weeks.

"i snuck these in," briar whispered lowly. she pulled a piece of paper from her bra.

"what a scandal!" john b feigned shock and gasped. he took the paper from his girlfriend. it was ultrasound prints.

"there's our girl," briar smiled big.

"she looks beautiful," john b teared up again. "our girl. looks just her mama."

"oh, yeah?" briar chuckled.

"oh, for sure. identical, even."

"i'll keep that in mind when i buy her clothes," briar nodded.

"times up!" plumb shouted and tossed the door open. john b slipped pear's ultrasound pictures into his shirt.

"bye, i love you," briar whispered and kissed him hard.

"times up!" plumb snapped again. "no touching!"

"sorry," briar scoffed and pulled away. she gave john b's hand a final squeeze. "didn't realize we were in catholic school."

"out, miss valentine," plumb hollered.

"love you, beautiful," john b yelled.

"love you more!" briar yelled back.

"no, you don't," john b yelled as plumb grabbed onto briar's arm and pulled her along.

"yes, i do!" briar continued until plumb slammed the door.

"jj, you're up," plumb rolled her eyes. "five minutes."

"jayj," briar got the blonde's attention. "i'm going to head out. i'd rather not get harassed in the hallway."

"i love you, bri!" john b hollered from inside. briar blew him a kiss from the other side of the glass.

"see you, princess," jj smiled and waved. "drive safe."

🃏

"i just don't get it," kie groaned, throwing another shirt onto the floor. "all i'm asking for is a little, just a little fucking freedom! but nope, all or nothing, i guess."

briar was wiping down the kitchen of the chateau. she gagged a little bit when she pulled a moldy loaf of bread from the cabinet. fucking nasty.

"i mean, i think she's doing what she knows how to do," briar reasoned as she took a paper towel to the inside of the refrigerator. "push you away."

"hey, kie, what are you doing back?" pope ran in the door as kie buttoned her shirt. kie turned to pope, eyes puffy and red with her shirt unbuttoned. briar stayed silent in the kitchen.