xiv. midsummers part two

XIV. MIDSUMMERS PART TWO

"i really appreciate the discretion, daryl, you know?" briar turned to find jj maybank being dragged away by security

"oh, jesus," she groaned.

"is that. . .?" holly wondered aloud.

"yep," briar sighed.

"it's okay, everybody! do not panic. leave it to the men and women in uniform," jj hollered.

sarah was dancing with ward, briar and holly stood next to them sharing a dance with their dad.

"let's hear it for them," jj began to clap. "rose! you look like lady liberty. it's good to see you again. hey, buddy, can i have one of those?"

"let go of him!" kie yelled. "you can't just boot him!"

briar smiled softly at kie. chase shook his head with a smile on his face. at least his daughter had found some loyal friends.

"excuse me, ma'am?" the security guard questioned kie.

"i invited him here," kie said. "i'm a member of this club."

at that, jj shoved daryl the security guard away. "sorry about that. hey, mandatory power hour at rixon's, kie. you too, princess!" he pointed to briar. "and feel free to bring witchy sis! pope, you as well, all right? rixon's cove. let's roll."

"dad?" briar looked up at chase with pleading eyes. "please?"

"go," chase shook his head. "both of you. be back before sunrise."

"i love you," briar squealed and brought chase into a hug.

"thanks, dad," holly smiled.

"workers of the world unite!" jj yelled.

jj walked up to john b and the duo saluted each other. "mission accomplished, sir."

pope handed his apron to his dad. hayward shook his head. kie ran out, followed by the valentine girls.

jj picked kie up and spun her around as she laughed. "my beautiful, blushing bride!" john b scooped briar up into his arms. "and the witch!"

holly shook her head at the pogues but followed none the less.

"later, losers!" the kids hollered.

🃏

"hey, guys. so, like, my dad's already gonna kill me," pope admitted to the group. "so what's this mandatory meeting about?"

john b fired his fingers guns at jj. briar was sat in his lap, the boy's head nuzzled into her neck.

"might as well tell him, man, before we're gaffed," jj replied.