xx. please, please, please

XX. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE

"he said it looked something like this," kie showed sarah and briar a paper

"so. . ." sarah asked, confused.

"that's 50 feet down, they're using 100-feet rope," kie continued to explain pope's plan. "so i guess this little wagon will go. . . straight to the gold room."

sarah burst out a laugh. "who drew this?"

"who do you think?" kie laughed along with the girls.

"kie!" jj walked over to the trio of girls, holly trailing behind him. "this better work."

"it will," holly kissed kie on the cheek. "relax."

"we can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it," jj dropped the gold at the girls' feet.

"holly's right," kie held up a blow torch. "it's gonna work."

briar sat next to john b with a smile as kie, holly, and jj melted down the gold.

"how's my pear?" john b rubbed briar's bump.

"pretty damn happy we're rich," briar nodded with a smile. she gasped aloud.

"what?" john b yanked his hand away. "what is it?"

"pear kicked me," briar whispered. "pear kicked me!" she yelled louder.

"really?" kie gasped and handed the blow torch to jj. "oh, my god, finally!"

🃏

"hell of a job melting it down, dr. frankenstein," jj commented as the group unloaded at the pawn shop.

"like you could've done any better," kie shook her head. sarah chuckled from where she had her arms wrapped around the car door.

"i could've done much better," jj snapped. "i've taken a welding class?"

"liar," holly scoffed.

"when?" kie said, getting up in jj's face.

"whoa, whoa," john b stepped in between the two. "hey. sh! chill out, okay?"

"easy for you to say," jj said. "you're not the one that has to pawn this piece of shit off. how did i get this job anyway?"

briar laughed at the blonde's antics. she shivered from the beach breeze and stepped into sarah's side.

" 'cause you're the best liar," pope said as the group walked inside.

"ready?" john b grabbed briar's hand.