5.6 Why should we care?

I shook my head as we talked about Irina

I shook my head as we talked about Irina. She was still upset that we refused to help her get her revenge on the pack for what they did to Laurent. It didn't matter that they had protected Bella. All she cared about was killing one if not all of them for what they did. I hated to say it but I kind of wanted to help her now. But I knew Carlisle would never let that happen. Not now! "I am going to let the pack know that she is in the area." Carlisle said and I growled at him. This caused the rest of my family to glare at him. "You may not like what has happened but they have done a lot to help us. And if she is here for her revenge then I will do my part and protect them." He said and I was floored that he was choosing them over my child. That he was protecting them over her.

"Face it Edward, you now have to face what you started." Emmett said as he sat with Rosalie. I glared at him as I read his thoughts. He now despised Bella. It annoyed me that Jules let them in on all Bella had done while I was gone. Even Rosalie looked down on her. Even though she longed for a child of her own it didn't help all the pain Bella and I had put them through. All the danger we put them in.

"I will go with you Carlisle! As I am grateful for what they have done to help us." Jasper said and Alice nodded her head.

"Me too. I also need to return Jules' book to her." She said as she held up an old book. I looked at it and noticed it was a book about the tribe. I held out my hand for it but Alice just shook her head. "Sorry! But I won't let you ruin this." She said, making me glare at her. I hadn't even thought about destroying the book but Alice must have seen it.

"Are you all serious right now? Jake abandoned us and you are going to help them by what? Tell them that Irina is here. I mean what is that really going to do? They will still hate you!" Bella said as she moved closer to me and our daughter.

"They don't hate all of us!" Rosalie said as she smirked at Bella. "But then again we didn't do half of what you did, Bella!" She said and Bella started to pout.

"Rosalie!" Esme said but she was right. We all knew she was right.

"I think it best that you and Bella stay behind." Carlisle said as he stood in front of me.

"What about me grandpa?" Resnemee asked as she looked up from the floor.

"Jasper and Alice will come with me." He said, ignoring Resnemee completely.

"Renesmee, can go with you. Maybe...." I said but Carlisle cut me off.

"No, Edward. They have made it clear to us that she is not welcome anywhere near them." He said but his thoughts told me that he didn't want to be near her more than we already made them. They all thought that way. It was clear that they didn't see her as Bella and I did. Yes she had her mistakes but she was only a child after all.

"I wonder if Jules would even care that she killed Charlie?" Rosalie asked and I paled. If I even could. Bella started to sob as Resnemee looked down in regret.

"It was an accident. She didn't mean for that to happen." I said and this made them all scoff. I looked down at my daughter and sigh. "Go play in the other room!" I told her. She got up and walked into the kitchen. "I know you all hate us for using what she did against you. But she is sorry about hurting him." I said and Alice shook her head.

"She didn't hurt him, Edward. She killed him! She drained all of his blood. And you just stood there and smiled as she did!" Alice said and I shook my head. I had hoped that they hadn't seen that but it was clear she had at least. "They were right about her!" She said in a hash tone. This pissed both Bella and I off.

"How can you say that about your niece?" Bella yelled but it didn't have the impact that she wanted.

I had taken the time to find the first Luna's burial grounds. I had read all the journals and I had finally found it. I was just about to lay flowers down when I felt it near me. "You're one of them?" It said as I laid the flowers down. I turned and she was right in front of me.

"One of them?" I asked as I looked her up and down. I knew who she was as Carlisle had told us that the Vampire we had killed while they were gone was involved with a friend of his. I believe he called her Irina.

"The mutts? I can smell them on you!" She hissed at me and I smirked. "You are the reason he isn't here!" She hissed and raised her hand like she was going to hit me.

"OH! I am!" I said as my eyes changed colors. She saw this and stepped back and hissed at me. "You shouldn't mess with someone who holds more power than you!" I said as I shifted right in front of her. Her eyes grew wider at me before she took off running. I chased after her letting Sam and Paul know what was going on. Soon howling could be heard from all over our land.

'Jules back down!' Jake said and I scoffed. 'Or at least slow down. Don't take her on by yourself. It took 5 of us to take down her mate or whatever it was.' Jake said and I slowed my pace letting them catch up to me.

7 Chapters Left