Fourteen

A/N- Sorry for taking so long to update, I've got an exchange student at my place who I've been busy showing around. I hope this makes up for it. Let me know what you think :3
-CHxx

Mycroft

"Oh, this has been brilliant!" Sherlock clapped his hands together as he slid into the passenger seat of my car. "It's a wonder no one else can see it. You and Mr. Lestrade might as well have a flashing sign above your heads saying 'we're in love.'"

"Sherlock," I said through gritted teeth. "I'm warning you now. Shut. Up."

"I'll admit, he's not too bad looking for a goldfish."

I cast my brother a sideways glance before looking back to the road. "Yes," I agreed quietly, "I know."

Sherlock chuckled to himself darkly. "This really is fantastic, seeing my brother squirm! Oh, this really is something. One person who has finally tamed the sociopathic man-whore."

I swerved the car, causing Sherlock to let out a surprised 'oomph!' Allowing myself a triumphant smirk, I continued driving in our uncomfortable silence.

*******

I got into work late the next day. Anthea had a hot coffee waiting on my desk for me as I came in, and she stood smiling at me expectantly.

"Thank you, Anthea," I said somewhat dismissively.

Her smile faltered momentarily, but it quickly regained its shape. "They're all talking about you, you know."

I looked up at her, narrowing my eyes tiredly. "What?"

"They're calling Sherlock your boyfriend."

"What?!" This time it came out as a laugh. "Who?"

"The students. They've been going on about it nonstop." Anthea smiled once more before leaving the room, closing the door behind her.

I laughed again and buried my head in my hands. "Stupid. Everyone is so stupid." Struck by a moment of realisation, I looked up. "Shit."

I got up from my seat and looked out the window at the field. Gregory Lestrade was out there again, running laps.

I finally understood why he was doing it, why he'd looked so bet up the day before. I could see now that he had pushed himself to his limits. Probably all because of me and my stupid little brother.

I watched as his tan muscles moved under his shirt, how his black curls rose and fell with his strides. "Beautiful," I murmured to myself.

What was I supposed to do with myself? I was already more attached to him than I had ever been to anyone else. I couldn't stop thinking about him, his chocolaty brown eyes or his big smile or even the way he spoke. His laugh was on a loop in my mind; it had been ever since I first heard it, and I couldn't get enough of it. I couldn't get enough of him. It was disgusting, to care. In a way I hated myself for liking him, giving into the sentiment that could once fill me with disgust - in fact, every other sentimental thing still made me nauseous. Despite that, a part of me laughed. Of course I'd fall for a student. Of course it'd have to be a person I'd never have.

He stopped running and bent down to pick up his drink bottle. He looked deep in thought as he drank, his eyebrows furrowed. He looked up towards the window, and I quickly ducked behind it. He didn't need to know that I watched him. Of course, I always watched him. He was some kind of wonderful, not only on the outside -he was full of sex appeal, that both I and the female student body could agree on - but he had something inside him that I could feel. I could feel that connection to him, and as much as I hated it, I loved it as well. I couldn't get enough of him.

There was a knock on the door and I turned just in time to see it open. Anthea peeked around the corner, a sheepish smile on her face. "Sir, do you mind if I pop out for lunch?"

"Is it lunchtime already?" I frowned.

How long had I been watching Gregory? Hang on, how long had he been running for?

"Yes, Sir. You've no appointments until three this afternoon."

"Very well then. You may have an hour and a half - no more, no less."

"Thank you, Sir. Do you want anything brought back?"

"No thank you, Anthea."

She nodded and left, the door clicking closed behind her. I turned back to the window to see Gregory looking up at me. I looked away quickly, moving back to my seat. When I checked five minutes later, he was gone.

I began to work on a presentation that I should've been working on the whole time, and only got precisely three minutes and forty three seconds through doing so when there was a knock on the door.

I sighed and got up, crossing over the room to open it. "Yes?"

The door was pushed open the whole way, and who else but Gregory Lestrade entered. He closed the door with his foot, his gaze never once leaving mine. Even I had to admit I was taken aback by the fire that burned in his eyes, a determination set on his face, making him look older than he was.

"You were meant to be in class, why were you outside -"

"Do you love him?" Gregory interrupted me, only seeming to regret it after he'd said it.

"Who?"

"Your boyfriend, Mr. Cupid bow lips."

"Mr. Lestrade I -"

"Tell me!" He suddenly shouted. "I need to know!"

Before I knew what I was doing, I had Gregory pinned against the wall, his hands trapped above his head. "Oh, Gregory," I groaned knowing the use of his first name (for the first time) didn't go unnoticed, "That was my brother!"

Gregory searched my eyes for a moment before awkwardly leaning in, pressing his lips against my own. I let go of his hands, instead sliding them down along his sides, down to his waist. His lips tasted amazing as they worked against mine, and it sent a wave of pleasure throughout my body.
I kissed him back with a matching earnestness before seeming to finally come back to my senses.

I pulled away and assumed my face would look just as dazed as Gregory's. "That was a mistake," I said, manipulating my voice into a cold tone.

"Really?" Gregory laughed halfheartedly. "It didn't feel like one to me."

"We could both get into a lot of trouble."

"I'm willing to take the risk," Gregory said, sliding his hands up to my shoulders. "The question is," he lowered my voice, "Are you?"