11

Waking up with a cold body beside me was surprisingly nice. Wednesday, laying on her back with her arms laid over her chest like a body in a casket.

The sun shining through the thin curtains painting the walls with its warm light.

Hearing steps through the hall, along with voices of other students meant it was roughly breakfast time. Though, I usually skipped breakfast for the extra hour of sleep.

Slowly sitting up, careful not to wake Wednesday. I clicked on my phone, reading the clock, 8:30.

Opening and answering a few missed texts, as well as checking social media. I hadn't even realized Wednesday woke up until her voice filled the silence of the room.

"How long have you been awake?" She questioned, the sleep in her voice adding depth and rasp.

"Not too long." I replied, laying my phone beside me. Wednesday nod, sucking in a deep
breath as she propped up on her elbows, looking up at me through messy bangs.

"How did you sleep?" Wednesday asked.
"I slept well." I replied, swiping my finger against her forehead and pushing her bangs.

Smiling down when she shot me a glare of disapproval. Every part of Wednesday was flawless, even her flaws were perfect.

Sitting in class, poking the black ink of my pen against the paper. "I am so tired of her." Enid complains.

I nod along, not really paying attention to Enid, as the teacher talks. "you get it right? Wednesday is totally mean." she adds.

I hadn't exactly told Enid anything that's happened between me and Wednesday. But I wasn't sure if I should. She was mad at Wednesday, and Wednesday is to be a pretty private person.

Also Enjd would freak if she found out Wednesday slept in my dorm. I can already hear the wolf crying because we had another "sleepover" without her.

"I said, you get it right? Wednesday is totally mean." Enid repeats, poking me with the eraser on her pink mechanical pencil.
"No, not really." I mumble.

Enid scoffs, "I thought you were on my side. You guys go into an argument as well." Crossing her arms over her chest and pouting.
"I am not picking sides, and we made up." I reply.

"Why didn't you tell me!" She cries out.
"I didn't realize it was important. She just spent the night in my dorm." I shrugged.

Enid goes silent for a few minutes. Thinking she dropped the subject, I begin taking notes once more.

"wait she slept in your dorm? Like the same bed?" Enid peeps up again.

"Y/N. Enid. Why don't you share with the class whatever it is you're talking about?" The teacher says, staring at us.

"It's nothing, ma'am." I tell her, "right, Enid?"
"Yeah, I guess it was nothing."

The teacher scolding us was unnecessary, class is over in less than five minutes. She took away her time that wasn't even worth anything. Enid and I pack up our things, and start heading out of the classroom.

"you guys totally made out!" Enid whisper yells.

"what? no." I quickly declined. "No, we just slept."

The smile on Enids face faded, "that stinks. Everyone knows you both like each other."

"Only because you said so on your blog." I mumbled, linking my arm with hers as we headed for the next class.

We have almost the same classes, so we walk together to the next class.

"She misses you." I admit.
"Oh," Enid let's out. She's pretending not to care, but I can see the corners of her mouth curl into a small smile.