01. A breathtaking night is coming

"Where is the crowned prince?" A shrill voice sounds through the throne room,

Footsteps are muffled beyond the closed doors, servants and guards trembling in their shoes,

"Y-Your majesty!" A guard drops to his knee, blond hair gleaming under the bright lights.

"Where is my son?" The woman demands again, hands gripping tightly onto the golden throne,

The guard is quiet for a moment, almost as if he didn't know what to say—nothing would ease the Queen's temper at that moment.

There's a flurry of commotion as the golden doors to the throne room bursts open,

"My Queen!" Another guard enters,

Said Queen looks up, her black hair bobbing slightly, skin pale as snow, eyes dark—but if one looks deep enough, they'd see the hint of red gleaming beneath those dark orbs.

"An unknown portal to earth was just detected."  The guard says, also kneeling onto one knee, joining the blond haired guard.

The Queen is silent, and so is everyone else. Not a single soul inhales or exhales, holding in their breaths, afraid that if they'd let out a single peep—they'd be beheaded.

"Find him at once." The woman commands, quiet yet firm, that unyielding tone that brings goosebumps to all who hears.

From a far corner, a male stands, stopping his movements as his mother bursts into silent fits of anger.

"Your royal highness!" The blond haired guard that was once kneeling approaches the Prince.

The guard's wary eyes meet the prince's doe one's. Looking up from where he was picking at his bowl of freshly picked green grapes.

They stared at each, eyes locking, keeping contact until the servants around them cleared out, until they were alone,

"I told you to stop calling me that!" The Prince huffs in annoyance, going back to picking at his bowl of grapes.

"Then what else am I supposed to call you?" The guard shot back quietly, afraid they were still within ear length of the Queen.

"Sunghoon. I told you to call me Sunghoon." The Prince jabs a finger into the guard's chest. "Just like how I call you Jaeyun."

The blond haired guard—Jaeyun—merely shakes his head. Eyes shutting in frustration.

"Whatever." He huffs.

Sunghoon glares back,

Beats of silence pass by them, the guard simply stares as the Prince starts eating his grapes silently.

"What?" The black haired male raises an eyebrow.

"That brother of yours is crazy." Jaeyun simply shakes his head, already feeling exhaustion creep into him.

"Who, Jongseong?" The Prince huffs out a laugh,

"Yes. This is the third time this week!" The blond haired guard groans, rubbing his eyes in fatigue.

It has been indeed three times in the past seven days that the crowned Prince has managed to escape the Kingdom.

Somehow always managing to slip past security, slipping right under their noses. As if he was the invisible breeze in the chilly night sky—gone in a blink.

The guards had resorted to everything—going as far as stationing around every corner of Jongseong's room. Every window, door, locked shut—yet he somehow always manages to escape.