↳ Commitment Issues

AN: canon typical violence, descriptions of panic attack/anxiety

∞∞∞∞∞

It's quiet on the way back to your shared apartment.

You've been wondering if Satoru saw what you did, though it's fairly obvious he saw something, he hasn't expressly said it.

After returning to the venue to mingle with your guests, Satoru kept his hand tight on your waist the rest of the night preventing you from leaving his side again.

He's quiet, which is incredibly unlike himself. Happy or frustrated, it's never mattered to him, he's always had something to say about everything.

Which is just another reason to believe he witnessed your infidelity.

The walk and elevator ride from the basement garage to your penthouse is equally, eerily quiet until Satoru unlocks the door, motioning for you to enter, and closes it behind him.

"I thought you were done seeing him behind my back," Satoru states as the door clicks closed.

The look you give him is a mix of shock and confusion, because you know you had never told a soul about seeing Suguru shortly after he defected. Your stomach curls in on itself with the look of disgust Satoru is staring at you with, icy blue eyes with a fire burning behind them.

It's not a look you've ever been on the receiving end of. Despite his power and abilities, it's easy to see why with one glace from Satoru, his enemies go running. It's truly frightening, having his anger directed towards you.

"You know, I was really hoping you were going to come clean to me, going to see Suguru a few weeks ago," Your eyes widen at his announcement because the only person who could have possibly said something to Satoru is fucking Ijichi, "Instead, I catch you fucking him at our engagement party."

Somehow, the tension in the air has gotten even thicker. It's hard to breathe, let alone think. There's not much to say, other than the truth, even though hurts, "I just needed to see him again. Just to be sure about all of this, about us," your voice is weak, shaky, "I didn't mean for it to go this far."

Satoru lets out an unamused laugh mixed with a scoff, "We've been together for years, and you're still not sure?"

"I-I don't know..." It's barely a whisper as you run your hands through your hair and tug lightly at the roots in frustration, "it's just- it's complicated, okay?"

The feelings you've been harboring are complex and trying to sort them out on your own hasn't been easy. You've been telling yourself you're fine, you don't need Suguru as long as you have Satoru. That you're one-hundred percent totally happy with the man who's standing in front of you.

But that's clearly not the case when you used a note as an excuse to see him one last time before you married his best friend. Feelings that, with just a few words hastily scribbled onto a piece of paper, sent you running back to Suguru.

"Three years." Satoru states harshly, "And clearly I'm the only one committed to this relationship since you're off whoring yourself out to your ex!"

Your heart cracks at his comment, tears welling in the corner of your eyes, "Can we please just talk about this calmly and not say things we don't mean."

"You cheated on me at our engagement party, and you expect me to be calm?"

"Satoru, I'm so sorry. I don't know what to say or do to make this better, I just... please. I want to work this out."