Chapter 21: His Belief In Fate

Start from the beginning

It was the same room where Toji Fushiguro had received his scar when he was a young kid after the Zenin clan threw him into this same disciplinary pit, full of cursed spirits. The same room where Maki Zenin had attained her own enlightenment during the massacre of her entire clan. 

This "bath" was practiced in the Chinese Gu jujutsu sorcery since ancient times where they would make various venomous insects devour one another in order to create an ultimate poison. One basically had to place various types of venomous insects into a pot or a container and just let them fight, kill, and devour one another until the most deadly one remained. And this Gu ritual was introduced to Japan during the Heian period and was given its own name, kodoku or the "bath".

"To be near evil and to submerge Megumi Fushiguro's soul." Uraume replied to Kenjaku's question as Sukuna merged out of the "pool", completing the ritual of his bath.

A smiling Uraume then handed the Curse King a robe or a kimono of some sort which Sukuna accepted gratefully before putting them on to hide his naked body.

"You're keeping that visage?" Kenjaku asked as Sukuna was fixing the collar of the kimono.

"For now... This is better for fighting sorcerers." Sukuna replied with a smirk before noticing a small scar on the tip of his right hand's index finger but then he brushed that out of his mind immediately and tried to focus on his next moves. "Kogane, where are Nana Osaki and Tsumiki Fushiguro?"

Upon hearing the call, Megumi's kogane appeared before them to give out the details he asked for while they were making their way out of the Cursed Warehouse.

"Nana Osaki has gone back to Jujutsu High with her teammates while Tsumiki Fushiguro is now at Sendai." The kogane replied, giving out the locations of the two women.

"Players are no longer confined in their colonies and Tsumiki Fushiguro issued an invitation to fight..." Kenjaku explained.

"But why in Sendai?" Uraume asked in confusion.

"How exasperating!" Kenjaku sighed dramatically. "Yorozu is from Aizu. After countless years, she wants to visit her home and Sendai is in the neighborhood. You're truly exasperating!"

"Like you can talk." Uraume barked out at the man.

"Enough." Sukuna scolded them in his usual bored yet annoyed tone.

"Are you really leaving to fight Yorozu?" Kenjaku asked as he turned his attention back to the Curse King.

"Do you find that strange?" Sukuna questioned back.

"I thought you would ignore her. It's always been one-sided between you." Kenjaku stated in amusement and this caused Sukuna to smirk back in response.

"Yorozu doesn't matter. But the vessel does." Sukuna replied.

"But what about Nana Osaki?" Kenjaku asked, smirking back. "I didn't know she was that important aside from the fact that she's from the Osaki clan and has great potential."

"Megumi Fushiguro is in love with this Osaki girl. So madly in love that it's sickening. Her destruction would not only break his mind and soul completely, but it would also literally drive him to bottomless insanity. Osaki's death would be much more powerful and effective than Tsumiki Fushiguro's death in order to completely bury Megumi Fushiguro's soul." Sukuna explained.

"Then you should have killed her off right away after taking over the boy's body." Kenjaku pointed out.

"Yes, I know that and it was a mistake on my side." Sukuna sighed before a vicious smirk formed on his face again. "But then again, it would be much more fun and exciting when I'll be able to kill her off in front of that man... Just imagine, I'll destroy his cute little student right in front of him and he won't be able to do anything to save her life... That devastated look on his face would be worth witnessing, I guarantee you..."