CHAPTER-17

Author's Note: Thank you so much to everyone who has viewed, voted, and shared their comments regarding Chapter 16. Please encourage me like this, and I'm sure you won't regret it later.

.

Chapter starts:

"How do you know that?" I asked with surprise.

"It means it is true", She said while slowing down the bike and finally stopping it.

We both got off the bike, and she instantly crashed into my bones while hugging me and congratulating me.

I thanked her by hugging her back.

She then continued, "Now that you were happily coming out of your office, but not like the other day, So, I thought about that."

"Thank you so much, Nithya; it was all because of you", I expressed my gratitude.

She rolled her eyes and said," What did I do?

"You only told about this company and made me to move here". I said it with a little smile.

Common, Anu, you won it through your hard work. By the way, to which position did you get promoted?" She asked.

"Team leader" , I said with a smile, as usual.

"Oh, that's nice. How did it happen?", She again asked.

"Do you want to ask all the questions on the road now? I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"No no.. I want a party, and as you offered, it will be at my favourite place". She ordered.

Ok, okay, let's go then", I said.

We both went to a mini-hill on the bike. She took me to the top of the hill. There I saw a temple, the single rock among the greenery, the colourful city down the hill, and the black sky.

We both went to the temple and offered prayers. Later, we sat on the rock and spent some time there. She then spoke about the days that she spent alone and said that it was the only place that could help her forget about all her sufferings, and It was the only place that she shared a lot of good memories with her family and got emotional.

My eyes became blurred by seeing her in that situation, and obviously, it was the first time that she was sharing something about her personal life. She never got emotional before me, but it was the time.

"What happened in her past?" My inner questions and also asked me to ask her about that.

Wha.... I opened my mouth to ask her, but suddenly we heard a ringtone, and she finally came to her senses and looked at the phone and handed it over to me.

I felt like something was hitting me so hard inside when I saw the contact name. My eyes widened instantly, and within a second I answered the call and, with a low voice, said," Hello".

"Hello, Miss Anuja Prakash! I hope I'm not disturbing you, and I'm sorry for the sudden call, but it's urgent". He said it in a rush.

Of course, I wasn't mentally prepared for the call, but somehow I managed to manage him by replying. "Ok, sir, no problem".

He instructed me about the things that I had to do in urgent, and all the time I replied by saying, "Ok, sir".

He then said a bye and cut the call.

I too said bye to him and looked at Nithya, who was eagerly looking into my face, and asked, "Looks like you found someone to talk to?" She said it by raising an eyebrow and with a chuckle.

Now the old Nithya is back, and of course I clearly understood her intensions and replied, "What are you talking about? He is my New office's CEO".

She then started smiling by looking at me and saying, "Looks like he is frightening you?"

"No, he is just instructing me about my work. Since this is my first project as a team leader, I have many things to do."

"Oh, ok, then say thanks to your Mr. CEO". She said.

I asked," what? but why?"

"He is the reason for my happiness". She instantly said.

I didn't get her words and asked her again, "What are you talking about?"

"Nothing, girl; he is the reason for my mood changing by interrupting our talks", She said it with a smile

I finally laughed at her with an understanding, and we both went back to our rooms.

"How can she know about Mr.CEO? She could have told your CEO, but how did she know that you call him Mr. CEO since no one knows that?", My inner self is struggling with herself.

Suddenly, my phone lit up, and I looked in to see the message from Mr.CEO. I opened it and looked at it. He sent some docs.

I then understood from where Nithya got the name Mr.CEO. She looked at the contact name when she handled my phone. Oh, my silly brain. I hit my head.

I saved his number as 'bunny' when I found his visiting card, but later I changed it to 'Mr.CEO' when I joined his office.

Chapter ends

.

.

.

I thought of giving some personal conversations between friends. A glimpse of interaction between the main leads has started. Please follow the story to know about the next chapters.

I hope you are not feeling bored while reading this chapter.

I'll update the next  chapter as soon as possible.

Let me know the mistakes of my writings as I am new to this app.

please share your views through comments regarding the chapter.

Drop your valuable vote when you like the chapter.

Thankyou💕