Chapter 12 (1-1)

☲☲☲☲⋇⋆✦⊛⋇⋆✦☲☲☲☲

"𝑫𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒏𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆? 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒅𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌?"

☲☲☲☲⋇⋆✦⊛⋇⋆✦☲☲☲☲

Thursday the first of November, 1991

Outside is hazed floated over the crowd like smoke from a doused fire. The dark clouds that insulate the once feathery grass of October. The morning sunlight that is just yet to have soared the horizon but was coated with the inky black dusk and the fire's dancing light cowling the honey-coloured room.

Y/N was laying on the couch -- her trunk of the usual things she needs to bring is on the ground that was covered in satiny fur.

She was gawking at the ceiling, thinking back to what happened yesterday. From the unsolved troll break-in -- how she had seen Snape's bleeding leg -- and her nightmare that arose into existence again.

"Overthinking again, are you?"

Y/N veered in the direction of the familiar voice that she had not heard in almost more than a month.

Catalina slinked into the room, followed by Dawn who presently lunged at her -- licking her face on the way. She chuckled while trying to get the wolf off of her face, "okay okay, I know you missed me but my face will be soggy."

Dawn whimpered and lowered her head giving Y/N a pout. She chuckled at her adorableness pulling her into a hug one more time. They finally let go and looked at Catalina who was snuggling on her right leg

"You haven't got the time to visit us..." Catalina says in a perpetually tired voice.

She might be the more dauntless and bold one but she can't deny the fact that she had missed Y/N for the past month.

Ever since she was taken out from what she called her former home, she can't help but feel always indebted to Y/N. Some might call it a small act of morals but how many times can you see someone take a snake from a zoo because you felt like they were cramped up and lonely. A fair small percentage -- and Y/N was part of that percentage.

She was like a sister to her already -- along with Dawn who has stayed by her side every time even if she might be too harsh on her. She would say Y/N's her mother but she finds it too weird. At least for her.

"And I apologise completely for that. Quidditch training and schoolwork is taking up my time. But I promise you, I will find a way to have a day -- just the four of us."

"Four?"

"Well, yeah. Now that Miles is a part of our-"

"He's not even here. He's constantly with that snowy owl of your friend." Catalina scathingly said which was not overlooked by Y/N.

"Is there something wrong?"

"No, nothing's wrong. Other than the fact that he always steals my berries!" Dawn sighed -- hearing her rant day after day was an irritating habit of the two.

"I was saving those for desserts! And Hagrid only gives us berries once a day! So what will I get for saving the best for last!? Nothing! Absolutely nothing! So you better give that polluted, stealing, vermin a lot of talking!"

Y/N gave her a stare that says a lot about shock. Dawn on the other hand was huddling in her arm -- ears down and not wanting to hear another word from the serpent that was raving.