"Dad!? When did you buy a boat!?!" Steven shouted from the balcony of the house.

"Heck yeah I did!" Greg shouted from the boat. "Come on kids let's go!"

Steven and Iris rushed off to the boat. The gems followed them. The five of them got on the boat with Greg before he left the shot and drove off on the endless blue sea. Iris leaned over the edge of the boat as the wind blew through her short hair. She always loved the sea she didn't know why though. Maybe her birth parents loved it too?

"Hey what's on your mind?" Steven asked sipping a juice box.

"Oh nothing I'm just thinking of what else we're gonna do today." She said with a smile.

After about half an hour Greg stopped the boat and pulled out a card game.

"Who wants to play some uno?" Greg asked.

"Yeah that sounds fun!" Iris said smiling brightly.

The six of them sat in the centre of the boat and played uno for about an hour before they pulled out some sandwiches from the cooler.

"Egg salad work for ya Iris?" Greg asked handing it to her.

"Yeah it's my favourite!" Iris said beaming.

Once they finished eating they turned back towards beach city. Once they got back they hopped out onto the board walk to play some arcade games. The gems weren't aloud to play anymore for a few reasons so they watched as Steven and Iris played a dancing game called Sock'em Rockers that the arcade had just recently got.

Iris was busting out some dank moves to follow along with the movements while beating the crap out of Steven at the game. At first he was gonna let her win but realized that she was like a pro even though it was their first time playing the game.

"That was so fun Steven!!" Iris told him as she got off the dancing platform.

"Yeah... fun." Steven said a little out of breath since they played the game non stop for roughly an hour.

"Alright kids why don't we head back for some cake?" Pearl suggested.

"Yeah!" The two of them shouted with joy.

They hurried back home to the beach house. Steven and Iris sat down waiting for the cake. Garnet opened the fridge and pulled out a cake covered in teal flavoured vanilla icing and some chocolate icing as well. There were swirls of vanilla buttercream on the top of the cake topped with rainbow sprinkles and eleven candles on it.

"Gimmie!" Amethyst said pouncing towards the cake only for Garnet to stop her by punching her in the stomach.

"You need to wait for Iris to blow out the candles amethyst!" Pearl squawked.

"No fair P." Amethyst pouted.

Garnet set the cake down in front of Iris and lit the candles before they sang happy birthday to her.

"Blow out the candles I want some cake!" Amethyst shouted.

"Okay, okay calm it!" Iris snapped back with a bit of an angry tone.

"Yeesh sorry girl." Amethyst said with her hands up in the air.

Iris gave Amethyst a glare before blowing out her candles. She plucked out the candles and put them on a paper towel as garnet cut the cake and handed her the first slice. Iris took a bite and smiled with joy.

"It's so yummy!" She said holding her cheek. "Thank you so much it's been such a great birthday!" She said taking another bite of her cake.

"Of course. You're a member of the crystal gems too!" Steven shouted.

"Really?! You mean it?" Iris shouted with shock and excitement.

"Heck yeah ya are!" Amethyst said putting an arm around Iris and giving her a noogie on the head messing up her hair.

"Hey you messed up my hair!" Iris said though laughter.

"Since you're done your cake." Steve said leaning over to her. "How about you open your present?" Garnet placed a box down on the counter and slid it over to Iris.

"What is it?!" Iris asked excitedly as she took the box.

"You gotta open it and find out." Garnet told her.

Iris carefully pulled the ribbon and opend the box from the top. As soon as she saw what it was she squealed. She pulled out a fluffy frog blanket that had a hood on it and wrapped it around herself placing the hood on her.

"I love it so much!!" She shouted happily. "I'm I'm gonna wear it all the time!!!" She said hugging everyone. "This was the best birthday ever! Thank you guys so much!" Iris said beaming.

——————————————————————————

Blue was sitting on the floor of her late daughter's nursery. It was silent aside from the occasional sobs from Blue as she held the bubble that housed her daughter's shards. Yellow sat behind Blue and had one arm wrapped around Blue and the other on top of Blue's hand holding the pale green bubble.

"Happy birthday my little Iris." Blue said as a single tear rolled down her cheek and dropped onto the bubble.