Chapter 11

June 27th

For most it's just a day, but for Yellow and Blue it's the day they first welcomed their little bundle of joy into the world.

"Yellow she... she's so small!" Blue said with a soft smile as she held her new born daughter in her arms for the first time. 

Yellow had a few unshed tears in her eye. "She's perfect." She said wiping the tears away with her thumb.

"Our little flower." Blue said quietly as voice trailed off into an echo like sound.

——————————————————————————

"Iris." Someone called out she couldn't recognize whose voice it was.

"Come on kiddo get up!"

"It's your 11th birthday."

Iris opened her eyes and saw two people in front of her. A short red person with dark hair in a square shape with a head band. Right beside them was a blue person she wore a long dress and gloves her white hair covered her eyes so she couldn't see them.

"Who are you?" She asked groggily as she rubbed her eyes.

"I'm Ruby and this beautiful gem here is Sapphire." Ruby gestured to Sapphire.

"Wait so you fuse into Garnet?!?"

"Yup!" Ruby said with a smile and a thumbs up.

"We've waited a long time to meet you like this." Sapphire stated.

"I've heard about you from Steven! I didn't think I'd get to meet you!!" Iris said excitedly.

"We don't unfuse often." Sapphire told her.

"How come?" Iris asked tilting her head to the side.

"Well when we're garnet we feel closer together as one." Sapphire said.

"We love each other very much otherwise we wouldn't be able to stay together for that long." Ruby added. "Amethyst and Pearl are unable to fuse for a quarter of the time since well...."

"They don't really see eye to eye on most things." Sapphire told her.

"Oh, so you guys are a couple? That's so cool!" Iris said flapping her hands up and down quickly out of excitement.

"Woah slow down kiddo. Pearl and Steven are getting breakfast ready, I think that's a little more exciting."

"Hehe sorry!" She said grinning with happiness.

Ruby and Sapphire pressed their heads together and fused together before garnet lifted Iris up on her shoulders and carried her downstairs to the kitchen.

"Happy birthday Iris!" Pearl, Steven and Amethyst shouted in excitement as there was a plate of beautiful and fluffy but crispy pancakes with fruits and scrambled eggs since Iris was vegetarian.

"Woah! It looks so yummy thank you!" Iris said jumping off Garnets shoulders and landing on the floor a bit clumsy but managed to land on her feet. Iris scurried to the counter and sat down on a stool next to Steven. The two of them dug into the food and ate it all fairly quickly while also savouring the flavours of their food.

"Thank you for breakfast." Iris said smiling. "What are we gonna do now?" She asked quietly.

"Whatever you want. It is your birthday after all."

"Boat!!" She shouted with excitement once more.

"A boat? Where are we gonna get a...." Pearl trailed off as she saw a 20ft speed boat ridden by none other than Greg.