chapter 2

The next day Vida woke up still missing her big brother. Germany then came in to the room and said "Oh your awake, I hope you slept well. How are you feeling?" Vida just looked at him, not saying anything. "You know, yesterday you were talking about some guy named Iggy." "Is this about yesterday?" Vida asked, she wasn't sure what was wrong with Germany. Germany nodded and Vida' s eyes started watering. She remembered everything and began crying softly "I miss my big brother Iggy!" Germany just hugged her tightly for a while and Vida was so thankful for being able to feel again after all this time. They stayed like that for several minutes and they heard someone knocking on the door which was opened by none other than Italy who saw them hugging and he hugged them and Germany said "Italy what are you doing?" Italy laughed and said "I just wanted to join in on the hug Germany!" Germany said "We've had enough hugs for now Italy." "Ok fine!" Italy said disappointed "Now come on let's get you something to eat!" As they walked to the kitchen Vida noticed that Germany kept glancing in her direction keeping an eye on her to make sure that she didn't run off. She knew this must be hard on Germany watching over her until he found a way to get her home but she really missed her big brother. Japan was in the room and both Germany and Japan giving Vida concerned looks and looking worriedly at each other when Vida pushed her food away from her and sat her head on the table. A knock was then heard from the door Germany opened it and it was America he came in and said "I just wanted to come and talk to you about something an-" at mid sentence America saw Vida with her head on the table and started panicking and said "The kid! you found her! is she ok?! Oh man... What happened?! Who was it that took her?!" "It was France that took her and Russia didn't say anything about it after we were all arguing over her!" Germany then looked at Vida with her head on the table and said "She's fine now but she just misses her brother. But for now we need to figure out how to get her back to her reality the real world! If we can do that we might have a chance of getting her out of the coma." Germany said in his usual serious voice. America then went to her and asked Vida if she was okay. Vida didn't reply or even look up from her head where it was currently resting. "Vida? Are you listening to us Vida!" Vida then lifted her head and turned to face America. Her big blue eyes were wide as they stared into America's. It was clear to all of them that she was very confused and upset about recent events and she seemed like she was going to cry but before she did Vida smiled at America sadly and slowly raised her hand and grabbed America's and pulled him towards the table, pulling him to sit down next to her. America was very confused and felt a little awkward sitting across from Vida with her hands gripping America's tightly. America then got up and picked her up into a hug and he said "Don't worry Vida things will turn out alright. We'll get you home soon." "Really? Can you promise me that?" Vida asked hopefully. "Uh... Well..." America didn't really want to lie to her so he told the truth "I promise, but I also don' t want to promise anything. It's only going to end badly if we do" "I know." Vida said, sounding much more cheerful "But I want you to promise anyway." "Yeah... Ok..." America said. He didn't want her to get sad either.

They spent the rest of the day in peace and quiet with no sign of the others, well except Russia, he showed up around noon with a plate full of sandwiches and a bottle of water and he handed them to the five of them. Vida then looked up at Russia in confusion and Russia then picked her up and said "You must be the kid who France took off with the other day Da? You're a brave girl!" "Um yeah... I guess you could say that..." Vida said. Russia sat Vida down on the floor and Vida got back to eating her sandwich. The sandwiches tasted pretty good, Vida thought. Russia was smiling widely but he didn't seem happy or sad, just smiling. "Well I guess the best thing for all of us is to start planning how to get Vida to her reality." Germany said "Yeah," Japan agreed. Russia didn't say anything and continued to smile at Vida like some sort of weirdo. "So, let's think about this plan for a bit. Any ideas?" Germany said. Everyone remained silent until Russia spoke up "Well it would help if the three of you told me what's happening." Russia then gestured to Vida as if telling them to continue. Vida was puzzled at first but she explained it to Russia as she ate. Once she finished explaining Russia was silent for a few seconds before he responded "I see... So we'll go with a plan where we get little miss Vida back to her reality with our technology" Germany then interjected "Or we could do another type of plan" "Another type?" Russia repeated and everyone else started nodding and agreeing with Germany "Like a one way ticket?" Vida asked "As long as I go back to my reality and I get to see my big brother again then that's ok with me!" Vida spoke again. Germany said "Alright. If that's what you want." Vida was relieved that it would work, and if that worked, it meant she'd be able to see her big brother again. "Now it may take a three weeks to create something to get you back home in the meantime your just going to have to sit tight and hope for the best ." Germany said. "Wait what?" Vida replied as she stood up from the floor, she started looking upset "How much longer is a while?" She then quickly left the room and out the door. The others looked at eachother nervously. "I'm afraid she doesn't believe us." America said "She's only a kid" Germany said.