3 ; GETTING SETTLED - ☆

-'๑'-
- GETTING SETTLED -
-'๑'-
.
.
.
✫ ⁑ starting
🏙️ 🌃 🌆

dinner was amazing, every bite was warm, and the food would sink into my teeth.
delicious.

i offer to clean up the dishes, however, i was passed down again.
well, i'm sort of glad for that.
i don't exactly enjoy cleaning dishes or anything, and i'm extremely tired.
.
i think it'll be better to just go to bed.

.
.
.
where do i sleep ?

i stand around awkwardly, just outside the kitchen, not sure on where i should be going.

i felt a tap on my shoulder.

i turned around, making eye contact with the very bright boy, he grinned at me very sweetly, it was really cute.
i smile back.

he gestured to me, giving me a signal, to follow him.
he walks off, leaving me behind for a second, but i comply eventually, walking not too far behind him, curious on what he was trying to show me, i hoped it's a bed room.

to my luck, it was, it was a room with green walls, it was pretty small, a small bed and furniture, but it was nicely decorated with cool posters.

[ ignore pav accenting 😇 he's just coming after people who say chai tea 🥰 ]

i see him search around, i watch him as he shuffles through the room.

eventually, he pulls out a notebook, with a pen, and he starts jotting down quickly, in a haste.

"can you read ?" he wrote, showing me the paper, i scoff, nodding, being amused by this act of communication.

it seemed impossible but his smile turns even bigger, and he starts writing again.

"my aunt says we will share a room, we are roommates ! do you want the bed, or the floor ?" he wrote, this time with messier handwriting, probably because he had to write more in this question.
i stand there, thinking for a moment, i saw him eyeing his bed, making me assume he wanted it, which makes sense, although i'm a guest i really don't want to kick him out of his own bed, and i'm glad he's okay with being roommates with me.
i mind as well not cause a fuss.
i'll pick the floor.

i point to the ground, he sighs in relief which almost made me laugh, but i squint my eyes and give an idiotic smile to try and stop myself from doing so.

pavitr left me for a moment, confusing me, but he came back seconds later, with a mattress, oooh, he's setting up the bed !
that's nice,
i'll finally be able to get settled.
and i can sleep !
.
i love sleeping.

it takes a few minutes, but he sets my floor-bed nicely, with a big fluffy blanket and a smaller thinner blanket, probably for preference, and he gave me three pillows, the mattress was also pretty cushiony, soft, and over all comfy.
i was worried about comfort, but i don't think i'll have an issue.

while the boy was finishing up the touches on my bed, i noticed the window that was letting out natural light dimmed.
i glanced over at the window, hm, it's sprinkling.
i heard that tonight wasn't going to be the best weather, thunder and lightning, that what-not.
it's alright for me though, i cant hear thunder, i can feel it though, i always feel the vibrations of the thunder, it's kinda nice, i enjoy feeling it, because it reminds me of the sound, it's sort of my own way of hearing.
.
.
sort of.

pavitr perks up at the sight of rain, he looked a little shocked, and confused.

i take the notebook he left on the nightstand, writing down something to start up a conversation, i hope he won't mind that i'm writing in his book.

"i was told there's a thunder storm tonight, hope that doesn't affect our sleeping" i jotted, sort of laughing off what i wrote, but once i handed it to the confused boy, i saw his face shift from confusion to stress.
it made me worry a little, why does he look like that ?
i give him a look, a look that's asking 'what's wrong ?', but when he looked at me, he just nervously smiled, shaking his head and putting his hand up, saying 'it's nothing' in gestures.

it doesn't convince me, but i don't budge any more.

"alright, well i'm going to bed, thank you for setting this up for me " i try lighting the mood up again, which seemed to work, because the boy gives a thumbs up.
he really enjoyed getting the thanks, although he tried being humble, nothing felt better than someone complimenting him or just thanking him for something, even if it's significantly small.

he waves to me lightly, walking towards his door, he want going to bed just yet, it was really early anyways, but he turned the light off for me.
i wave back, sitting down on my mattress, he gives me one last kind smile, and left, and i was left peacefully in this room.

i was comfy, everything smelt nice, the rain gave a sort of relaxing aroma, and the dim lighting was perfect.
it's so enjoyable.

it didn't take me long, before i fell asleep.

and the rain storm continued, sadly to the demise of the boy, pavitr, because he's not exactly . . . good with thunder storms, or thunder to be more specific.
so he had no other choice but eventually go to bed, in his room right by a window, it was like a front row ticket of getting scared.
he crawls into his bed, making sure to step over the peaceful girl.
and he slightly coward and shook, in embarrassment and shame.
trying to distract himself, it was almost impossible.
.
.
an hour passed, it felt way longer than that though to him.
and he was still awake, the thunder didn't stop either.
.
he looks down at the sleeping girl.
.
needing the company and comfort.
.
he takes a chance.
.
.
.
[ tbc ]