At this moment, the cell phone on the table rang.

Lu Zhi's cell phone ringtone was a song with a light and fast rhythm. The caller ID showed Ling He, which made the ringtone sound more urgent and pressing.

Lu Zhi guessed that Ling He must have realized that she would see something if she opened his laptop.

She calmed down and swiped the answer button.

Lu Zhi: "Hello?"

Ling He didn't say a word for a long time.

She suddenly felt her mind clear up.

Lu Zhi: "Why aren't you saying anything?"

Then she heard Ling He ask with reservation, "Did you see something?"

Lu Zhi: "What do you mean? Is there anything shameful on your laptop?"

Ling He was silent for a moment and replied, "No."

Lu Zhi: "Then what are you worried about?"

At this point, Ling He was pretty certain that Lu Zhi had seen it.

She had seen him follow her like a pervert for so many years. And sight how smart she was, she must have realized that his feelings for her had never changed after so many years.

Seeing that he didn't speak, Lu Zhi hung up the call first.

She leaned back on the soft swivel chair and turned around. Her fingers accidentally hit the armrests. She looked at the lit laptop screen, and she could not stop the smile from rising.

Ling He brought a dirty chocolate bun from Lu Zhi's favourite bakery when he came back. Lu Zhi had just eaten dinner, but she quickly opened the wrapping and took a bite.

She didn't care much about her image when she ate at home. After taking a bite, there were brown crumbs around her mouth, but she didn't pay attention to it.

Ling He sat down beside her, and Lu Zhi concentrated on eating the bun. Both of them didn't say anything for a moment.

Although Lu Zhi loved to eat, she had a stomach that was the same size as a bird. She ate half and couldn't eat anymore, so she handed the remaining half to Ling He.

Ling He lowered his head and took a bite. His lips were inevitably stained a bit.

Lu Zhi put the remaining bun on the coffee table. Afterwards, she sat on him and began to lick the brown crumbs on his lips carefully.

His lips were soon licked until it was glistening with saliva. It looked like she had taken advantage of him.

She put her hands on his shoulder and backed away slightly. She licked her lips and then stopped.

Ling He held the back of her head and was about to kiss her back, but she blocked him. Her palm covered his lips. She completely focused on his eyes and only saw a reflection of herself in them.

Ling He raised his head slightly. He put his hand under her shirt from her waist and stroked her smooth back.

Her hand caressed his face. "Do you like me?"

"Yes." He didn't hesitate, and easily surrendered to her.

Her lips curled into a smile. Then she leaned over and gave him a kiss, as if she had given him a reward. As soon as it happened, he eagerly reached out with his tongue to go deeper. But as soon as the tip of his tongue touched her lips, she immediately withdrew, and there was only air.

Lu Zhi: "When did it start?"

He swallowed, and his ears began to redden. "First year..."

Lu Zhi's eyebrows jumped in surprise. She guessed that it would be during high school, but she didn't expect it to be so early.

She leaned over and kissed him again.

This time, Ling He was sure that she was using kisses as a reward—a reward for telling the truth.

"Then, during the years after graduation, did you think of me?" Her finger ran across his cheek, reached his lips, and pressed it gently.

He took her wrist, opened his mouth, put her finger into his mouth, and licked it. After that, his feelings were hard to control and he kissed the side of her neck.

Ling He: "I thought of you every day..."

After graduation, Ling He was admitted to the best aerospace college in the country. Meanwhile, Lu Zhi went to another city far away from him to study for a regular undergraduate degree.

He had never seen her again for seven years.

Every year, when he returned to his hometown for the New Year Festival, he would go out for a walk when he had nothing to do and thought that maybe he would run into her.

Truthfully, he never thought he would be together with her. Over the years, since he could not forget her or like anyone else, he hoped to see her again, even if it was from a distance.

But it never happened.

When he finally accepted that he had no chance of seeing her at all, he saw her in his family's community. It was like she appeared out of nowhere.

The first time it happened, he doubted himself and thought he saw the wrong person. Although he was uncertain, the urge to go home increased.

Later, he overheard his mother mention that the family who moved in next door recently had a daughter named Lu Zhi. She went to the same high school as him.

Meng Jun: "Maybe you two were in the same class."

Ling He: "Mom, what did you say her name was?"

Meng Jun: "Lu Zhi, do you know her?"

Ling He: "..."

In the end, they officially met again in the elevator.

No, it should be clarified that this was Ling He's one-sided reunion, but for Lu Zhi, it's just a trivial first encounter.