She only managed to get up on her feet when she was met with the glaring eyes of the large canine with a low growl, he then charged at her and she flinched preparing to be crushed...

But it never came.

What did come was a massive tongue covering her in slobber, she wiped her eyes and saw I sight she never thought she'd see. The mighty Cerberus, guardian of the underworld, protector of the dead, was panting happily, tongues out and all and tails wagging like there was no tomorrow.

"You're welcome." Lily giggled, stroking his fur, then stopping when she felt it, it was so tangled and matted, she could barely get her fingers through it.

"Why hasn't anyone brushed him?" She looked up into Cerby's eyes, this definitely couldn't have been comfortable.
"Nope. Nu-uh, this isn't gonna stand." She stated, pulling out her trusty comb.

After what felt like an eternity, Cerberus looked clean, tidy and good as new, Lily wiped her brows, looking almost as relived as he did.

"Bet that feels better." She smiled, lavender sprouting from the ground all around them.

Cerberus eagerly buried his face into the lovely smelling plants.

"So you like lavender?" Lily smirked, Cerby's happy barking and jumping clearly showing that he loved it, he then scooped her up on top of his middle head and ran through the trees.

"Woooooo!!! Faster Cerby, faster!!!" Lily cheered, Cerby happily obliged.

After a whole bunch of fun together, swimming in the enchanted lake, playing fetch with a tiny stick only for him to bring back a large log, and rolling around in a field of lavender that Lily grew, both of them were exhausted, but before Lily go leave Cerby pressed his nose into her chest.

"What's wrong Cerby?" He whimpered and looked over to his cave, it looked dark, scary and cold, not exactly a place anyone would want to sleep.

"You have to stay there? All alone?" The look in Cerby's eyes told her everything, he was scared.

Lily couldn't stop a tear run her cheek, while hugging his snout trying her best to comfort him as he continued to whimper.

What was she supposed to do?

An idea pinged into her head, it wasn't much but would at least help.

"It'll be alright, I'll make sure of it." Cerby gave her a hesitant look.
"Just hang in there for one more night and I swear you won't be scared ever again." He hesitated, before giving her a gentle lick.

"Brave boy." With one final hug Cerby reluctantly going back to his cave.

The next day Lily asked around about what softest material around here was, she found out it was the fleece of the golden ram, but apparently nobody's been to get because the ram tries to impale anyone who so much as come near him

Luckily Lily didn't have to face the golden ram, because she found a pair of bramble bushes the ram uses to scratch himself, so when he wasn't looking, she collected every bit of loose wool she could grab and ran off, the ram never even knew she was there.