~4~

{Cute little laugh}

"You are getting heavy little lady" Canary spoke in baby talk "Won't be long until she's walking and talking."

Batman chuckled.
"Don't remind me, who knows what of trouble she'd get herself into."

"No one ever said parenting was easy." Batman agreed with a nod.

"Okay, give me her things and I'll be off." Batman handed over Lily's bag, gave her a quick peck on head and left.

"Let's go whip the team into shape, shall we?" Canary said to Lily, who giggled in response. "Yes." Canary smiled and entered the zeta-tube.

(Mount Justice)

"Recognised: Black Canary-13." Canary stepped out of the zeta-tube.

"Hope you guys are ready to train." She announced.

The team (especially Wally, M'gann, Zatanna and Conner) visibly beamed seeing Lily again, and as usual Wally beat them all to it.

"Hey little princess!" He said cheerfully, earning another giggle from the baby. "You miss me? I missed you." He blew her a raspberry.

"Alright guys, I know you're excited to see her, but we still need to train." Canary set Lily down on a blanket surrounded by her toys. "She's my extra pair of eyes, to make sure none of you are slacking off." Lily gave them a look that let them know she's got her eye on them, then happily played with her rattle.

Robin and Kid Flash were up first, even though Kid was fast, Robin still managed to pin him down, Kid groaned from being slammed onto the ground, this made Lily burst out laughing, with loud clapping.

M'gann and Zatanna were dying from the cuteness.

"Looks like she's cheering on her big bro." Conner said, Robin smiled proudly.

For the rest of training, the team focused less on training and more on making little Lily laugh by beating their combat partner.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
{Pointing fingers}

It was a particularly snowy day and the team wanted to go out and enjoy it, obviously they bundled Lily up enough to survive Antarctica and now were walking along the shoreline, playing around in the snow.

Wally was holding Lily at the moment, he smirked mischievously as he had an idea, he picked up a snowball and threw it at the back of Conner's head, he turned around with an annoyed scowl, Wally whistled innocently, pointing at Lily. Conner sighed and let it go.

Wally set Lily down on a nearby rock and threw an even bigger snowball at Conner, he whipped around again looking more irritated, but before Wally could do anything, Lily pointed at him this time.

Conner threw a colossal snowball directly at Wally and it buried him, Lily clapped and giggled uncontrollably and Conner smirked.

Wally poked his head out the snow pile, coughing, he looked at Lily.

"touche princess, touche."

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

{Something Happens}

Long story short, Lily got sick, Alfred noted that she had a fever and they found out she had a really bad cold, Bruce was so annoyed at himself, he always made sure to keep her away from dirty places and germs and Alfred prided himself on keeping the manor clean.

But unfortunately nothing could be done about it now, also unfortunately Bruce couldn't stay, he had business with the league, so he had to leave her in the hands of Robin and the team, and believe me, that didn't stop from messaging, calling and face timing.

"Has she had her medicine?" Artemis asked.

"Yes, but it takes a minute to kick in." Robin answered, gently rocking Lily in his arms.

Lily wouldn't stop crying (Loudly) or squirming.

"I can't get her to calm down." Robin said.

"The poor thing's burning up, it's ok baby." Zatanna tried to comfort her, it didn't help much.

Lily was crying like it was the end, but wait, her eyes, something's happening to her eyes, they were... glowing?!

Before anyone could say anything, a sound grabbed their attention, they turned and saw vines, that seemingly came from nowhere, were wrapping around and strangling all the rocks in the cave.

"Z...?"
"It's not me." Zatanna replied.

Lily screamed and one of the much larger vines utterly crushed a boulder near them.

"Shhh, shhh, it's alright sis, it's alright." Robin said softly, holding her closer to his chest, Lily's crying dyed down.

Her eyes returned to their normal hue and she drifted off to the lub-dub of his heartbeat. And just as she did, all the vines disappeared, as if they were never there, leaving most of the rocks intact.

Bewilderment and shock remained all the team's faces, did Lily just do that?

Batman was calling again to check in, Robin picked up.

"Is she ok?" Batman asked, Robin wasn't exactly sure how to respond.

"You might need to come here and see for yourself." Was all he could think of for an answer.

{Time Skip}

Batman looked over the crushed rock, or what was left of it anyway.

"You're saying vines appeared and started constricting all the rocks?" He questioned.

All the team nodded.

"And the more upset she became, the larger they grew." Kaldur spoke up, Batman contemplated his words.

"Is it possible Lily and her mother came from a magical family?" M'gann suggested.

"It's possible, but we still haven't been able to track any other family members, so it's anyone's guess." Batman concurred. "Fate, what do you think?" He asked, everyone turned to the one and only Dr. Fate.

"Bring the child to me." He instructed, Robin came up, still holding Lily, the medallion on Fate's armour began to glow and Lily was enveloped in a golden aura.

"I sense... an ancient power in this child, deeply connected to natural forces of this world. Powerful, but dormant... for now." Fate finished. "But who is Fate to judge such things."

"What does that mean?" Artemis asked.

"It means that Zatanna, might be getting a little apprentice soon." M'gann smile with her arm around the sorceress, who smiled as well.

"It also means we monitor the situation and if it resurfaces again, we find a way to help her control it." Batman says seriously. "You all were lucky this time."

"He's right." Robin agreed. "What if it happens again and it's way worse? A single tantrum could be disastrous." Nobody said anything, but they all knew they had a point.

"You cannot comprehend what she is capable of." Fate said ominously, they all looked at the young baby, who cooed happily, apparently feeling a lot better now.