DINNER RESERVATIONS

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

The moment I was finally done getting ready the clock read 7:01 pm. Isn't that lovely. I'm late and now Luke's never going to let me hear the end of it. Even if it was just one minute late now, it'd be later when I finally got there.

I looked out the window before leaving and it seemed the ocean was more violent than before, almost like it was trying to stop the ship. I let out a loud sigh, who am I kidding? Nothing's going to happen to this ship and the ocean isn't trying to warn anyone. If the ship was actually in danger they'd come to a halt.

I put on my laced gloves and headed to the main dining area.

"Oh there you are, I was getting worried you weren't going to show." The woman smiled and shook her head. "I hope you don't mind me coming to your room unannounced, Anakin gave me you room number and-"

"It's fine, Mrs. Skywalker-Amidala, I was just put off track by an unwanted visitor earlier" I watched as her smile faded a little.

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that, do you know who it was? Anakin and I can teach the person a lesson." She said this while laughing at the last part.

I didn't want to tell her it was her Luke, I didn't know how she'd react. Plus if was a bad reaction I didn't want to hurt her, she's already been through so much with loosing her kingdom. And even if it wasn't a bad reaction I'd get embarrassed ratting Luke out to his mom.

I just told her it was a steward and she nodded as we continued to walk towards where we having dinner.

As the grand dining hall of the Titanic buzzed with chatter and clinking silverware, the Skywalker family was seated at an elegantly adorned table. Amidst the opulence, tension simmered beneath the surface, only to be heightened by Luke's mischievous nature towards me when I finally arrived.

I joined the Skywalkers a little late because of being interrupted, although I wasn't to embarrassed because Padme make an excuse for me.

Luke, however took it upon himself to tease me mercilessly. It seemed he couldn't resist making little jibes about me whenever I did or said something slightly embarrassing. It started innocently enough with playful banter, but soon his words became sharper, and his teasing grew relentless.

I felt my cheeks turning crimson, tried my best to maintain my composure. I squirmed in my seat a little to readjust, desperately searching for a comeback that would put Luke in his place. But each attempt ended in failure, leaving me feeling like he won, which was a terrible feeling.

Leia, witnessing her friend's growing discomfort, could no longer bear it. Consumed by her own feelings of helplessness and anger, on top of watching everyone around her argue couldn't do it anymore. She abruptly stood up from the table, unsteady like a ship on rough waters, and excused herself. Her eyes welled up with tears as she made her way towards the edge of the deck.

Han Solo, ever attentive to Leia, noticed her hasty departure out of the dinning room. Fearful of her intentions, he swiftly got up off the bench he was sitting at with his dog and caught up to her just as she reached the railing, ready to leap into the icy embrace of the Atlantic Ocean.

"Hey, uh, ma'am may I ask what are you doing?" Han called out, approaching her slowly. Even though he had never spoken to the girl before he felt guilt if he let her go through with this.

"I-I'm terribly sorry, Sir. I just can't take it anymore!" Leia stammered, her voice quivering. "The arguing, the pain. I just want it all to stop."

Han looked around and then reached out for her to grab his hand. He looked deep into Leia's eyes, filled with an unwavering determination. "You're stronger than this, ma'am—" "Leia. My name's Leia.." Han smiled slightly to show her comfort and slowly grabbed her hand.

Leia's resolve wavered for a moment, but slowly, she began to regain control over her emotions. She took a deep breath and started to climb back aboard the Titanic, on the safer side of the railing. Although when the ship departed, water has splashed onto the ship and that was had now turned to ice. Han held onto her desperately as she slipped.

Meanwhile, back at the table, Padme had witnessed Leia's distraught departure. Concern creased her brow as she quickly assessed the situation. In a swift motion, she rose from her seat and stared at Luke.

With determination burning in her eyes, Padme's piercing gaze met Luke's eyes. "Luke Skywalker, enough is enough," she declared firmly. "Your teasing has gone too far. Margret is a valued member of our group, and she deserves respect."

Luke, taken aback by Padme's sternness, suddenly found himself regretting his actions. He hated how his mother was talking to him like this in front of almost everyone in first-class. Guilt & embarrassment washed over him as he realized that his mother wasn't stopping her disciplining towards him anytime soon.

Feeling a heaviness in his heart, Luke apologized sincerely to me, offering his hand as a gesture of reconciliation. I still felt embarrassment from his comments yet accepted his apology to make Padme calm down.

Padme slowly sat back down, still glaring at Luke, as they continued their dinner. Anakin remained silent, knowing better than to argue with his wife when she's angry. I couldn't help but wonder what Leia was up to. Did she run off to her room? That's probably what the rest of her family's thinking since we're just continuing dinner.