I huff out a long breath. "Sorry Danny. Talk to you later, yeah?" He smiles, nodding in agreement and I leave him to approach George, his entire demeanor changing when he sees me. I stop at a stand still between the two.

"Hi love." George says lowly, the amount of noise nearly drowning out his words completely.

Our hands are close enough that his pinky intertwines with mine, but he doesn't dare risk anything more than that.

I give him a small smile. "Hi G." His smile becomes brighter at my greeting.

From beside me, Max fakes a gag and pretends to throw up. "Enough PDA." He whispers with the most disgusted look of his face I think he could possibly manage.

"We didn't even do anything." I say defensively but also slightly confused. "The googly eyes you're making at each other is plenty enough." Max still looks disgusted as he speaks. I roll my eyes playfully and hold back a laugh, which inevitably comes out in short huffs.

"Kay, well, I'm gonna go..." I saw while taking slow steps away from the two of them. "Bye!" I shout before skipping off to where I parked my car this morning.

Halfway through the car park, a hand grabs ahold of my wrist. I turn quickly, preparing to knee the prospect right in the square but fortunately for him, I recognize the face almost immediately and stop my action.

I pull myself from his grip. "You don't do that to a girl, George." I shake my head at him and look at him as if he's gone insane.

He ignores the scolding. "Are you okay? You seem off lately." His face twists into one of concern and worry. I stare off at distant cars passing by.

"Ariella." I turn back to the brunette at the sound of his voice. It's stern but still has that worry in it.

I sigh. "Can we talk about it another time? I don't feel like a car park is the most appropriate place." This question seems to set off something different inside of him. A new kind of worry. An anxious worry.

Nevertheless he nods. "One of our rooms?" He suggests and I slowly nod. "I'll be at yours later." I tell him with a small smile before I leave the boy standing there.

I get showered and change into comfier clothes, a crewneck and a pair of sweat shorts. He opens the door so quickly after I knock, it's almost like he was waiting by it.

He answers the door wearing only a pair of shorts.

I move past him to sit on the small couch and he sits on the edge of the bed closest to me.

A heavy silence absorbs the atmosphere. A silence so heavy it weighs the two of us down, putting pressure on the both of us to desperately break it and yet neither of us can seem to find the words to do so.

It takes longer than I would've wanted for one of us to speak, but when the silence is broken it's done so by me. "Why did you really send the flowers?" He looks at me as if the words that just came out of my mouth were in another language, one he doesn't understand.

He smiles slightly, but it's more awkward than anything. Probably formed as a way to cope with the thick tension in the small space. He shrugs. "Just because. Like the note says." His confusion causes him to shake his head, trying to make the situation clear to him but it obviously doesn't work.

"George, if something happened please just tell me now." I get straight to the point, and he looks alarmed as soon as I do. "No. No. I-" he shakes his head frantically. "You think I cheated on you?" His voice breaks slightly. I don't know what to say, so instead of maybe saying the wrong thing I stay silent.

"I would have to be actually insane to do that. I'm sorry, I just missed you I thought it was nice I didn't mean to make you worry." He explains while he moves to sit next to me, bringing me into a tight hug once he's close enough.

"I'm sorry." I mutter into the hug. I feel terrible for believing he would do something like that. "What made you think I cheated on you?" He asks when he pulls away from the embrace, but leaves our hands entwined.

I shake my head, a little embarrassed now. "One of Luke's exes cheated on him. He took it pretty hard. I guess seeing that made me afraid of it happening to me." He nods, understanding where I'm coming from entirely.

I think he's going to hug me again but instead he picks me up, carrying me the short distance to the bed before he lays be down gently on the white sheets. He lays down on the other side and brings me closer to his chest. I leave a few kisses on his bare chest.

It must've been half an hour later and George had to have thought I was asleep, because he kisses the top of my head and whispers an 'I love you' into the silence.

(1530 words)
☆———————————————————☆
A/N - me using generic tropes???? What??? Neverrrrrr

BYE QUALI TODAY HAD ME SCREAMING THO BC OSCARS P4 HAD ME SCREAMING AND LANDOS p3 ALSO HAD ME SCREAMING AND LEWIS'S POLE BY .003 SECONDS ALSO HAD ME SCREAMING

I love Oscar Piastri and I may or may not be drafting up ideas for an Oscar ff to write after I'm done with this one😊