⸺ 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

hey yall :) don't forget to vote so we can get to the good shit 

ken-

I drove down the highway, my locs hanging in my face, flying everywhere as brent faiyaz banged through my speakers. It was early in the morning, about 8am. I woke up in lee's house this morning, and i left as quick as i woke up. i felt like i was intruding. waking up all in her bed like that.. embarrassing. the way i put my mouth on her yesterday, barely knowing her, all cus i was drunk.. embarrassing. she didn't seem too bothered by it.. in fact, she seemed to enjoy the company. but, me? nah. I had to dip. I appreciated her for takin me back home, i guess i had blacked out after i beat that bitch ass. too much alcohol in my damn system.

I rode through my neighborhood, trying my best to get home. seems like it was bout to rain. I seen a baby deer on the side of the road, and i slowed down cus i swear them mfs loved to run out in front of yo car the last minute. as i got closer, i realized the baby deer, was actually.. not? I squint, and my heart immediately drops. It was a baby girl. I step on my brakes, looking around to see if it were safe to exit. I didn't see anybody in the distance, so i swiftly stepped out my car and kneeled down to the girl who was sitting in the damp grass, her brown blanket wrapped around her, and over her head. her black curls were slick with sweat against her forehead, her big brown eyes looking up at me. full of fear.

"hey, are you okay sweetheart?" i softly ask her.

her heavily freckled little nose scrunches up, and her big eyes fill with tears again. I shake my head. "no, its okay. hold on." i scoop her up in my arms and she immediately clings to me, hiding her small face in my chest and holding onto my shirt. I look behind us, and i see the house behind us has the front door wide open. "oh, fuck.." i mumble. the little girl coughs in my chest, she must be sick from sitting outside for who knows how long, in the rain. I walk up to the door, making my way inside. the girl pops her head up cautiously.

she looks up at me with those big eyes again, and i look down at the floor, seeing blue pills scattered all around. I sigh, retrieving my phone from my pocket, dialing my base. I pick up the box. i peek my head around the corner, seeing two adults sprawled out on the couch, foaming at the mouth. I sigh, dialing my base. "hey, this is kennedi hiles. Id just like to report batch number 5421 has been deemed successful." my voice cracks near the end of my sentence. 

"I look down at the little girl cradled in my arms, who was on her way to sleep. she had her mouth slightly open, her breathing shaky. I better get her home and get her cleaned up.

I ran out to my car, trying to avoid the rain as i hop in the drivers seat, gently placing the small girl in the passenger seat and snapping the seat belt around her. shes still visibly shaking, so i turn the heat on for her and roll my windows up as i make my way down the road.

—-

I sit on the floor next the the bathtub as the baby girl splashes around, playing with the rubber ducks i had slipped in there for her. hair jet black hair was soapy and slicked back with water, i was in the process of washing it. she cooed softly, splashing her small hands around in the bubbles.

"you like the bubbles mama?" i gently tap her small nose, making her giggle. she had two little teeth coming in her bottom gums. she couldn't have been more than eight or nine months. the whole situation was fucked up to me forreal. they wasn't thinking about the kids when they enforced these pills. I reached in the tub to drain it, then gently lifted the baby up and out, wrapping her in the little yellow duck towel ive had since i was her age. i took her to my room and laid her down on my bed, drying her off as she wiggled around. I didn't have any baby clothes, but i had diapers from sammi's niece being over here with us. thankfully. I put lotion on the babies body, securing a diaper around her waist and slipping one of my shirts over her head, which was completely huge on her. I grab my brush, coming her hair onto the top of her head and securing it with a rubber band.