Chapter 9: Returning back

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, sister, father." Miki smiled at them "I'm glad to be back too!"

"It's good to see you again, Miki." There it is, the voice of the person she had longed for the most.

"Yuno..." Miki mumbled as she turn around and saw him, she couldn't contain her smile as she began to ran towards the dark hair boy when-

"MIKIIIIIIIII!" A loud voice boomed across the village as a familiar boy with ash-blond hair ran towards Miki in full speed and tackled her in her hug, it startled her so much that she fell on her back, with the boy along with her.

"Miki! I miss you so much!!" Asta exclaimed as he kept hugging her, seemingly unaware that he just tackled her to the ground.

"T-That's great Asta, I miss you too..." Miki managed to gasp. "How are you?"

"Well done Asta, you had to ruin the reunion for the two of them." Of course, Nash had to add in his sassiness.

"Hey! What did I even do?!" Asta rebuked, jumping off Miki.

As the ginger groaned and recovered from the fall, a hand reached out to her and Miki looked up to see Yuno.

"Yuno..." she muttered, once again entranced by the boy in front of her. It's only been 4 months since she saw him, but it felt like years and she misses him so much.

"I'm glad you're back, Miki." Yuno said as he helped Miki get back on her feet. "Did you have fun on your visit?"

"I do." Miki smiled back. "I also hope that you and the others are doing well."

Looking at their small church family with Asta yelling at Nash while sister Lily tried to calm him down, Yuno only sighs.

"I think we're just fine." he said, still holding Miki's hand in his.

————————————

That night, the church had a small party to welcome Miki back to their little village. The meal was small, with only a few portions of dry tatoes, but it was warm and happy with all of the people she cared about.

They talk about a lot of things, from Miki telling (made up) stories about her so-called relatives to Asta excitingly telling the ginger of how he had begun training with his new grimoire and sword. Even Yuno opens up a little by asking questions.

At times like these Miki is really happy, being in the capital with her father was also great, but in Hage, she felt like she could truly be free without any burdens of being the princess of the current Wizard king (not that she minded them).

Outside of the church, Star closely watches Miki's interaction with the rest of them, with the knowledge that she knows of Miki's true identity, her beliefs of what she had known of nobles and royals had been challenged again. The thoughts of whether she could trust this kid that seemingly embodies what she despises the most makes her hesitant.

"Maybe I can try..." she thought. "Maybe, just maybe...I can trust her."

Miki stayed at the church that night when the children suggested it, all of them continued to tell stories and catch up on whatever they had missed until they fell asleep. When the had sun barely risen, Miki suddenly heard a loud voiced echoed in her head:

"Hey princess, wake up, wake up!"

"Seriously, are you really gonna continue to sleep like that?"

"Hey hey! I'm losing patience here."

Giving up on her sweet sleep, Miki slowly opens her eyes to see a familiar floating figure.