𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑿𝑿𝑽𝑰, 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒅𝒂𝒅

February 18, 2023

The princess and her father were going to have a day alone, as Victoria thought she needed to talk to him about Andrew. Father and daughter stopped at McDonald's before heading to their cottage, which didn't happen very often.

—Are you angry?— she asked apprehensively as they took a seat in a small wooden picnic area facing each other, while the food was right in the middle.

—I'm not angry— sighed. —It's just not easy watching you grow up— he said.

—Papa, I'll always be your little girl— she got up from her seat to go to her father, who smiled and hugged her from the side, which made Victoria lean her head on his shoulder.

—Will you promise me?— he asked hopefully as tears welled up in his eyes. The princess nodded and gave him a small kiss on the cheek. —Are you sure you won't forget your papa?— he said, making her laugh.

—Never— she replied confidently, which caused the man to give her a big smile and pull her closer to his body to kiss her on the forehead. They stayed in that position for a few minutes, enjoying each other's company.

—So... you'll meet Andrew— Victoria said with a smile, returning to her seat.

—You can invite him home— William gave in, making his daughter nod happily and make a mental note of it.

He understood that he could not fight his daughter's feelings, as they would turn against him. But she was not happy that her little girl had a boyfriend. She remembered when the princess was little and spent her days alone with her, when Kate had to go away. It was one of her favourite times.

•••

The young mother had a work meeting she couldn't miss, which meant father and daughter were going to spend time together.

—Good morning Kika— he picked her up from her cot to give her a kiss on the forehead and cuddle her in his arms as he headed to the kitchen. —Do you want some cereal?— he asked, showing her some and she nodded.

—Thank you— she mumbled, taking a spoonful of her breakfast as she looked at her father, who was prowling around the kitchen. She didn't need her father around, but she felt safer if he was always around.

After breakfast, little Victoria ran out to the playroom where she started grabbing all her toys and throwing them on the floor to have fun with them. William smiled and joined her.

They both began to make a fort out of sheets, chairs and cushions.

—More!— said the girl when they finished the first one. William took a couple of chairs and put them in a straight line to make a passageway making Victoria's blue eyes sparkle with excitement, which caused a big smile to appear on her face. She loved making her little princess happy.

—I love you so much— whispered the man giving her a kiss on her forehead as he laid her down in her little bed after reading her a story.

Those moments were some of the best for William, he loved spending time with his first born. He often wondered if he was a good father to her. In an ideal world he would have preferred Victoria to be born later, but our world is not perfect and he had to live with that.

•••

They ate quietly while they talked about anything other than Andrew, as the teenager didn't want to talk about the boy in case she regretted her decision.

—Are you excited about the coronation?— William asked, making her nod.

—I never imagined it— the teenager confessed. —I don't know, I just thought it would never happen— she shrugged.

—If I'm honest, I try not to think about it too much— he said, making Victoria raise her eyebrows.

—You don't want to be king?— she asked, surprised, she didn't usually talk about it with her father.

-It's not something we can decide. I know it's very complicated to understand now, but you get used to it with time- he answered, making her nod slightly.

-Are you ever afraid that you won't be able to do it right- she asked about what had been on her mind since her grandmother died.

-All the time- he answered honestly, leaving her surprised, she had never seen her father afraid of anything, for her he had always been the strongest man in the world.

-I never thought you were afraid of anything- Victoria said, which caused the man to rise from his seat to stand next to his firstborn.

-I'm afraid of a lot of things, even if it doesn't seem like it. When you told me about Andrew, I was so afraid of losing you and that you wouldn't want to spend time with me anymore- he confessed, causing the teenager's heart to start pounding as she felt that her father cared about her, which made her smile slightly.

-That will never happen, I love spending time with you- the princess spoke confidently, giving him a hug.

-I love spending time with you too, especially when we play polo- he said making her laugh.

-You just like to make fun of me because I always get my passes wrong- she pretended to be angry but it didn't last long because after a few minutes they both burst out laughing.

-I love you- he kissed him on the cheek.

The duo stayed talking until the sun started to go down, making them go back to the car to go home. Those hours were very enriching for father and daughter. They were able to tell each other how they felt, making their relationship better. Victoria hoped that her father would give Andrew a chance. That night she went to sleep with a smile on her face as she felt loved and valued by her father.

***
I'm sorry it took me so long to post this chapter, I wrote it before I left on my trip and since then I've rewritten it many times because I didn't like it. I'll probably end up modifying it, but for now that's what I have. I'll try to post more often from now on, this month has been chaotic, I hope to have some peace these weeks.

Thanks for reading! 🤍

-𝑨. 𝑱