Chapter 38 - Possession

Start from the beginning

Neri told me, Robbie's room is hidden behind a small storage room. It is in the fifth floor of the hospital, left hallway. I think I can find it."

Philip's thick brows met. With or without Julian in him, he still had the gloomy look. His dark blue shirt made him taller and thinner though. His lips, pressed together handsomely; Margot dropped her gaze to the floor. But not before, Julian in Philip's body noticed her.

"You feel something for him, I could tell. You like this boy."

Margot recalled her last conversation with Philip about Elaine and it stung. Sure, she felt something -!

All of the sudden, the door behind Philip opened. She gasped, astounded by the unexpected visitor. She even thought, she was dreaming. Then, the large man made a swift swing at Julian or rather, Philip's head with a big empty flowerpot. Margot can only scream as Philip's body fell to the floor unmoving.

"Don't move, girl." It was Silas, the Empoy sisters' killer. "Don't move a muscle or else..."

The big man held a knife against Philip's throat. Thankfully, the latter was still breathing... only unconscious.

"What were you doing in the del Valle Resort?" His voice was low and menacing. "Why were you interested with Sofia Romana, Juan Terciano del Valle's sister?"

"Who... What?" Margot felt her heart drumming wildly as she would faint. Then, she remembered, the latter name.

"Juan Terciano is Miss Romana's brother?" She raised her hand, warding him off as the big man straightened up. "I know the guy please... He is Robbie's friend -"

"Robbie?"

"Tobias Aquino." Margot gulped. "Is Miss Ramona worried and searching for him? He is safe and I know where he is -"

Apparently, there was a glint of surprise in Silas' eyes and then, something sinister. Margot thought, she might had made a mistake of blabbering about the ghost.

"What is taking you so long? Haven't you kill the pestering brats yet?" Margot's blood turned cold with the sweet woman voice.

She heard gentle click... click from the outside then to the doorway. Margot's eyes searched for the second uninvited guest and her gaze caught the slender figure in stilettos, elegant and dangerous in her white blazer and trousers as she stared back at her.

Oh... It's her, she realized.

The murderer grabbed Margot by the wrist. "This kid told me she can take us to Aquino.

~oOo~

Neri scoffed then shook her head at her phone. It was two hours after Margot hung up on her. Suspicion had again nagged at her. She knew her cousin was up to something stupid.

She was in Robbie's secluded hospital room that afternoon, checking the vitals of the latter's mortal body while his spirit stared at her.

"What's bugging you?" Robbie knew she was worried. "It's about Margot, right?"

"She only said hi -"

Robbie grinned teasingly, "Did she?"

"Well, she was actually prying on me... and you. She had me confessing everything."

Neri watched at the monitor showing the chart of his heart and breathing. Both rhythm were doing well; she found herself smiling. "I told her you will be okay soon -"

Robbie's ghost was sitting at the edge of his body's bed; Neri's smile faded as she noticed something wrong about him. He was always solid looking; Robbie's spiritual body was flickering, like he was in a television screen with an unstable signal, blinking in and out.

"What's happening to me -?" He disappeared without finishing his words.

Robbie's chart went wild at that moment; Neri pulled her phone from her pants to call Doctor Zoila.

It was at that moment, three people entered the room. The doctor herself was in lead, ushered by someone with a knife who she realized more frightening than any ghost she knew. Her heart sank deeper at the sight of her stricken cousin.

"Margot -!" She tried to move towards her; the murderer grabbed the tall girl by the arm and pointed the knife at her.

"Don't try anything," he barked. "Drop your phone. Or you'll all have a slow, painful death, starting with this brat."

"Nonsense!" A crisp, female voice floated across the room from the door behind them. "You'll give them a heart attack. We only came for Toby."

Doctor Zoila froze as if recognizing the woman. Margot shook her head at Neri, giving her a hint that whoever she was looking at by the door; she had it all wrong.

The sophisticated woman wasn't Elaine Empoy... not even her ghost!