Thing holds up his pinky, for a promise. Which Wednesday takes, linking her finger with his own.
Wednesday quickly wipes her eyes and clears her throat before looking up at Fester and I.
"I'll stitch him back up." She tells us.

"That's okay, I'll do it. I'll lay low here tonight, keep an eye on the patient and skedaddle in the morning." Fester replied.

Wednesday takes a few breath, "I guess I'll see you at your arraignment or the next family reunion." She tells him, stepping infront of him.
"You'll always be my favorite, Wednesday." Fester admits.
"Be sure to tell Pugsley that. It'll give him a complex."

After we leave the two Addams boys, in the shed. We walk a few feet away.
"Are you okay?" I ask, softly and cautiously. Carefully so I don't accidentally cross a line.

"Of course." She tells me, stopping in her steps. "Alright," I sigh.
"I am always here if you need anything." I assure. She nods her head, "I know."

"We should report this to Weems and Thornhill." I suggest. Wednesday agrees, this wasn't a random robbery. But they should still know what took place, to prevent this from happening again.

"I assume this wasn't just some random prank?" Weems says, pacing back and forth in her office.
"Whoever ransacked my room also stole Nathaniel Faulkner's diary." Wednesday says, crossing her arms over her chest.
"That's supposed to be safely locked in the Nightshades Library." Weems states, stopping in her tracks.

"So you do know about that diary," I said, looking to Wednesday as she adds, "which means you also know the monster we are after is called a Hyde."

Thornhill let's put a confused hum, looking over at me.
"Thank you, Ms Thornhill. But I'll take this from here." Weems smiles down at the other staff member.
"Of course. If you need anything, I'll be right down the hall." Thornhill says, as she walks out of the room. Softly shutting the heavy doors behind her.

Weems fake smile drops as soon as Thornhill left the room. "Faulkner spent years studying Hyde's." She starts, leaning against the fireplace watching as the flames roared.
"He wanted to determine if they were just mindless killers or conscious of their actions."
"What was his conclusion?" Wednesday questions.

Weems jaw clenched, "He was killed by a hyde before he could reach one. Others tried to carry on his research, but the Hyde's were too unpredictable and violent. They were officially banned from Nevermore 30 years ago."

Just a few years after Tylers mother had graduated. If I am correct, he could be the monster. I just don't have enough evidence to prove it.

"All this time, you've known the monster was a Hyde. Why didn't you tell the sheriff?" Wednesday questions.
Weems takes forceful steps toward us, "Because then, Nevermore is done. Over. Shut down for good. And that is not happening on my watch." She sneers, "But I am not the only one withholding. If either of you suspect someone, you need to tell me."

"Why?" I ask, "All you've ever done is gaslight and obstruct us."

"You don't care how many people die, as long as your reputation is safe." Wednesday claims.
"I am protecting our Nevermore family, which includes you, Ms Addams. And more importantly to you, it includes Y/N." Weems tells, lowering her voice.

Wednesday huffs, "let's go."
I follow behind her as she storms out of the office, her hands glued to her sides.

At the top of the stairs, we say our good nights. "You are going to be alright alone?" I ask.

"Why wouldn't I?" Wednesday replies.

"Your dorm was ransacked and Thing was almost murdered."
"I don't see what that has to do with you." She deadpans, locking her eyes into mine. "I know that if somebody were to attack us, I would be the one protecting us."

Wednesday was right. Despite her tiny package, she was very strong. The thought alone curls my stomach into knots.

But- if my dorm had been broken into, and Thing had nearly been murdered in my dorm. I would not want to go to sleep alone.
I chose to ignore my own personal feelings, and ghosted my hand down her arm.

"Okay, I will see you in the morning?" I asked. Wednesday nods, before I turn and begin heading for my own dorm.

When I don't hear her footsteps walking away I look back, seeing her still standing in the center of the empty hall. Her lifeless eyes fell to the carpet when she saw me turn.

"Are you alright?" I asked, with a small laugh.

Wednesday sighed, crossing her arms over her chest. "I was just watching. Making sure you got to your dorm safely."

"you wanna walk with me?" I offered, tilting my head back toward the form. Without a verbal response, Wednesday walks with me. standing at my side, silently until we reached my dorm.

"Thank you for walking me." I said, offering her a smile. "it's a thirty second walk." Wednesday flatly replied.

"It's thirty seconds you could have spent writing." I pointed out, raising my eyebrows.

"I suppose you're correct, I could have." She replied, tucking her hands into the pockets of her black cargos.

"I'm sure I have some black pajama pants and a shirt you could borrow if you wanted to spend the night with me, tonight." I offered.

Wednesday looked down the hall toward her dorm, then back to me. I could tell she was thinking by the way her jaw tightened, before stepping into my dorm shutting the door behind us.

A/N:
early chapter cuz i'm busy tomorrow <3

ALSOOOOOOO
how would you feel about a Kate Bishop fic for the holidays? Yes or No?