The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (13)

Start from the beginning

'Easy, you focus on pulling yourself back together. I find it easier if I concentrate on what I look like as a human. Breath out and as you breath in deeply, just ... pull yourself in. Pull your wolf back inside of you - back into your mind, back into your soul.'

'That doesn't really help.'

'Just try it - I can't explain it much better - at least you have me, when I first shifted I had no idea how to change back for hours. You know that time Mom went spa when I went out and didn't come back home until six o clock the next evening?' He grinned, chuckling easily at the memory.

'We thought you'd gotten drunk and passed out in a ditch somewhere.'

He rolled his eyes. 'Come on - I want to go get loaded, you know that none of us drank ... that much - just incase something happened.'

'Wow thanks, I feel so privileged.' I muttered dryly.

I breathed out and on the breath in I focused on what I looked like human and relinquished my wolf's hold on me, letting her find shelter within me. She whimpered, sadly and seconds later I was howling in pain as my bones readjusted themselves and my fur and claws retracted into my body.

I sat up, panting heavily, and noticed Jay still sitting in wolf form, looking pointedly away from me, out to sea. I shivered and looked down, realising I was naked and had no spare clothes.

"Ugh, JAY! Did you remember to bring clothes for me?!" I moaned, sitting up. He shook his head, still looking away.

I grumbled and began to get up, then froze. I could hear someone fast approaching. Even my human senses had sharpened after my first shift. They weren't quite as strong as when I was a wolf, but they had been well improved and my night vision was completely clear.

I didn't turn around to see who it was, I already knew. I could feel that strange pull towards him that I had felt earlier - and I could smell his arousing freshness. Rain and sunlight, something sweeter too - like watermelon.

He cleared his throat uncomfortably and I blushed, keeping my back resolutely towards him, I felt warm fur brush against my back and realised Jay had moved to cover me.

I looked over my shoulder at Kaden, who stood there looking awkward.

"I didn't think to bring clothes for you Ali ..." He said softly, chucking a pair of jeans towards Jay, who snapped them up in his mouth. I rolled my eyes and sighed heavily.

Before I even had the chance to shift back into my wolf, Kaden was pulling off his shirt - giving me an amazing view of his toned body. I was near drooling at the sight of him. Mixed with the scent he was giving off I became totally aroused. He noticed and smirked. That smirk did something to my insides - making them flutter uncontrollably.

Why was I feeling this?! Aaliyah Marx doesn't drool over guys, no matter how hot, or well-toned ... He just looked so delicious, standing there in all his glory. Well, almost all ... if only he would remove those jeans.

I literally slapped myself and Jay coughed out a bark, Kaden laughed out loud and I blushed, rubbing my stinging cheek. Note to self - do not slap self. EVER again. Kaden tossed me the shirt and I pulled it on, it barely brushed my mid-thigh and I sighed, it BARELY covered the essentials but it would have to do.

Shifting was painful and I didn't want to have to do it anymore than necessary. I knew I would get used to it after a while but right now, I had had enough for one night.

The shirt smelled of him and I felt something stir within me, in my mind, in my very soul. She purred softly and I stiffened. Maybe this was part of the pack mind reading thing?