Karolina soon got transferred to the clinic where they stitched her up and told her the next part of the mission. She listened the best she could but she couldn't shake the familiarity of the two she was supposed to take out.

-----------------------------

Takedown.

Here's the thing about Natasha.
Her background has always been some thing she's had to live with. Trying to forget it seemed impossible, and so, she kept it to herself. Fury and Clint being the only ones to truly know what happened. Or at least... some part of it all.

Now, a part of her past has come back.
Someone who, despite all the dark and cruel situations, always tried to keep her safe.

She was able to run. To escape, because of her. That was all there was to it.

Right?

But even the soldier had her demons, who knows what has happened to her since then. Yet...

Natasha knew she had to try.

As Steve, Maria, and Sam went to try and find a way into the helicarriers, Natasha disguised herself to be right next to Pierce.

"Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not."

As Steve's voice flooded the speakers, his words filled everyone who heard them, a confidence to stand up for what was right as the truth got uncovered. The courage to stand up to HYDRA.

It was too late.

The council turned against Pierce as the rest of HYDRA came out of the shadows. Rumlow started the override as the helicarriers went into the air.

As Steve and Sam made their way in fighting off who they could, Pierce saw the fight from the glass windows surrounding the office.

Pierce turned away to walk towards the council. "Let me ask you a question."

He stood in front of them as the guards stood behind him once again. "What if Pakistan marched into Mumbai tomorrow, and you knew that they were going to drag your daughters into a soccer stadium for execution." Pierce stood next to one of the men and stopped before giving him a glass of champagne. "And you could just stop it, with a flick of a switch. Wouldn't you? Wouldn't you all?" He turned to the rest of the group.

"Not if it was your switch." The man threw the glass against the floor a few feet away from him as Pierce looked to the side with an obnoxious chuckle. The shattering of the glass being the only sound as all the tension in the room bubbled.

The agent next to Pierce handed him a gun. Just as he was aiming, Natasha kicked the man out of the way. She punched Pierce in the face before throwing a widow to the guard to the right in a matter of seconds.