The Window

*Hiro's POV*

"Are you sure this is safe?" Y/n asked me even though she clearly knew it wasn't.

I grinned. "Oh come on, y/n. Don't be a baby." I opened up my window. "Baymax and I do this all the time."

Y/n poked her head out the window and looked down and stared for a few minutes. She was probably looking at the sidewalk three floors down.

"Hamada you're crazy. You know that right?" She declared.

I chuckled. "Of course I know that. That's why I'm an illegal bot fighter, inventor and superhero-." My eyes got big and I quickly covered my mouth.

Even though I've been friends with y/n forever I've never really told her that I was in the Big Hero 6. I just don't a want to tell anyone or else they'll make a big deal out of it. I know y/n is different from anyone and everyone else and that I can trust her with anything, but I just haven't thought of telling her yet.

Y/n stared at me and laughed obnoxiously. "In your dreams buddy. You? A superhero? Good one. And I'm the queen!" She laughed again but I never changed my expression.

"I'm serious. Trust me, you don't want to..." I started but gave up. "Fine. I'll just tell you. You'll just keep bugging me if I don't." She shrugged. I knew that if she wanted to know something, she wouldn't give up on finding out what it was. She's determined. That's why she knows all my really private secrets, which I totally regret telling her.

I went to the kitchen downstairs and picked up the first newspaper I saw. I returned to my room and skimmed through the paper until I found the picture I was looking for. I laid the paper down in front of y/n. "Have you ever heard of the Big Hero 6?" I asked.

She nodded and came up with a theory. "I know!" She snapped her fingers. "You must be the brains or something. You know, the person behind the scenes, who designs the gear and tracks the criminals."

"Well sort of. I-in a way. I did design the suits and helped make the gadgets but I'm not the brainiac person or whatever you call it. Compared to the rest of the team, I'm just average smart." I explained. Y/n stared at me in disbelief with her mouth wide open.

"You? Average smart? The world must be ending!"

I snickered quietly. "Well, do you see that person?" I pointed at the boy flying on the robot, which was me.

"Oh yeah. I didn't recognize you without all the crazy hair." She said reaching out to touch my hair.

I dodged her hand. "Hey! Don't mess with the hair."

"So you're in the Big Hero 6?" I nodded. "Wow."

Y/n looked out the window remembering what we were about to do. "So are we going or not?"

I smiled. "Thought you'd never ask." I walked over to my desk and grabbed Megabot. I found an old sling-on backpack and I stuffed him in there. I swung the backpack on and said, "ow?"

A little beeping sound broke the short silence and Baymax popped out of his charging station. "Hello. I am Baymax. You personal healthcare companion. Hello y/n. Hello Hiro."

"Baymax, we're gonna go out the window now. Wanna come?" I informed the marshmallow-like robot.

Baymax blinked. "Alright."

I smiled and jumped excitedly. "Then come on!" I said dragging him towards the open window. "You first."

Baymax stepped out of the window, plumetting down. I watched as he landed on the ground for less than a second and bounced up a little, turning a few heads.

"Alright y/n, you're next." She smiled nervously. Then scared smiled. "Don't worry, Baymax will catch you. If he doesn't, then...." I stopped talking before I make her bail out. I took her hand and pulled up to the window. As she looked down, I shoved her without her knowing. She screamed "BLOODY MURDER!" The whole way down, but then laughed as she bounced on Baymax.

"Thank you Baymax!" She hugged the robot and Baymax nodded. Then she looked up at me. "Hamada, if you ever do that again, you are so dead!" I backed away from the window until I was touching the back wall of my room. I put one leg against the wall and pushed against it, running as fast as I could. "Here I come!" I yelled as I cannonballed out the window.

I fell into Baymax's arms. "That was fun, wasn't it? Good job Baymax. Much better than first day." I patted Baymax's arm and shook my head as I remembered the first time we jumped out my window. It was a disaster, Baymax was chasing a butterfly when I jumped, but luckily, there was a big blowup cat balloon for the café. And when I thought Baymax was there to catch me, instead I fell on the balloon and popped it and I got in huge trouble.

"We jumped out a window." Baymax said.

I hopped out of Baymax's arms and checked my watch. The one that y/n gave me for my thirteenth birthday. Somehow, I didn't lose it in my kinda messy room.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Fine! Its like a junkyard!

"We gotta go or we'll be late for the bot fight."