Chocolate Donuts

*Narrator's POV*

The little bells jingled wildly. Aunt Cass ran to the door to greet the customer.

"Welcome to the Lucky Cat Café!" She started. She soon noticed that it was just Hiro Hamada, her nephew, and y/n y/l/n, his best friend. They were panting and sweating like crazy causing a customer to leave the café without buying anything. Y/n took off her sweaty jacket and tied it around her waist.

"Guys, how many times do I have to tell you , no scaring customers away." She whispered furiously. "Now go sit down and do something useful." Aunt Cass pushed the two towards the nearest unoccupied table, shoving a chocolate donut in each of their mouths. "And to keep you guys out of trouble, you two are not allowed to exit the café through any door." She added. "That includes the back door Hiro." Hiro rolled his eyes and swallowed his donut.

Y/n frowned and wiped some chocolate icing off her lips with the back of her hand. "Aww. Sorry Aunt Cass. We were just-" She began but Hiro clapped his hand over her mouth and elbowed her under the table, his eyes never leaving Aunt Cass. Y/n tried to finish her sentence, but it was no use.

"Sorry Aunt Cass. We love you." Hiro smiled, obviously faking it. The gap between his two front teeth completed his childish look. Aunt Cass narrowed her eyes suspiciously.

"I don't know what I'm going to do with you two." She mumbled, leaving to attend a customer.

• • • • •

Hiro half dragged y/n, who was still licking the icing off her lips, up to his room and shut the door behind him. He went to his window and opened it. A bright ray of sunlight shinned through the thick glass, lighting up the room. "Didn't I tell you not to tell Aunt Cass?" He hissed as quietly as he could.

Y/n sat on the edge of his bed and raised an eyebrow. "Why are you whispering?"

"Shh!" Hiro shushed her. "Just answer the question."

"Yes," y/n admitted. "Sorry."

The two had been chased by the cops for bot fighting again. They had decided to use the money for Aunt Cass's birthday which was coming soon. They wanted to use the money for purchasing gifts.

"Its fine but if you had told her, we'd be doomed. Today's she's grumpy. This morning, the health inspector came to look at the café and he was not happy. Apparently, his girlfriend broke up with him, so he took it out on the café." Hiro explained.

"Why were you whispering?" Y/n repeated. Hiro just sighed.

Y/n fished her iPod out of her pocket and plugged her earphones in. She played f/s, her favorite song.

Hiro sat in his chair and searched for more bot fights online. He scrolled down to the bottom of the search page and found one quickly. He clicked on it and checked the time slot. He booked the 3'o clock event. It would start in about an hour.

Hiro grabbed Megabot. "Come on." He pulled y/n off his bed and turned off his computer. "Let's go."

Y/n took out her earphones and yawned. "Don't you remember? Aunt Cass said that she won't let us exit the café through any door." She reminded him as she plopped down on the floor.

"Right," Hiro remembered, dropping Megabot on his desk. He sat on the floor next to y/n. A few minutes later or awkward continuous staring, he picked the bot back up and raised his eyebrow. "Who says that we have to leave by door?"