Chapter 9: Mental.

New TW in desc

♡Dream pov♡

George is being distant. He barely talked to any of us, and he started sleeping in his room again. He won't eat or drink. He only leaves his room to go to the bathroom. We've tried to talk to him, but he won't tell any of us what's wrong. There was knocking on the front door. I got off the couch and opened it.

"Long time no see." Niki said.

"Hey, Nik. How are you?" I asked, stepping aside to let her in.

She walked in, and I shut it behind her.

"I'm good. You?" She asked.

I shrugged.

"Fine." I replied.

I've known Niki since I was little. She was my best friend when I still went to public school. I tried to keep in contact with her during my years at Schlatt's, but it was difficult. Once I had escaped, I finally was able to contact her. She was forcibly in a gang, so Sapnap and I killed them. All of them. Niki agreed to be our medic since she had gone through nursing courses.

"Where is he?" She asked.

I walked down the hall, and she followed.

"His ex-boyfriend showed up yesterday and beat the hell out of him. He's in a lot of pain, so just be careful, please." I told her.

"When did you get all soft?" She asked, smiling.

I shook my head and smiled.

"He's different. I like him a lot." I replied.

"I always thought you were an aromantic. Good for you, though." She said.

"A what?" I asked.

She laughed and shook her head. She opened the door and we went in. George was curled up under a blanket, facing away from the door.

"Are you awake?" I asked.

"Yeah." He mumbled.

I turned on the overhead light.

"Hi George. My name is Niki. I'm a friend of Dream. Can I see your injuires? I just wanna make sure there are no broken bones." Niki told him.

Niki is perfect for this job. She's soft-spoken and very kind. George turned around to look at us.

"Okay." He mumbled.

He sat up and stretched a bit. Niki walked over to the side of the bed, and I sat on the edge. It was obvious he didn't really want me near him.

"Could you remove your sweatshirt, please?" Niki asked.

George took off his sweatshirt and tossed it aside. Niki's eyes scanned over all the bruises, and mine did, too. I hadn't seen him shirtless since it happened. The bruises were really bad.

"Have you broken any bones previously?" She asked.

He nodded.

"He broke four ribs and my ankle." George replied.

I frowned at this.

"Do you think any of those broke again?" She asked.

"No. The pain isn't as bad." He said.

She nodded.

"Can you make a fist with your hands?" She asked.

He did.

"Okay, that's good. Have you had any excruciating pain anywhere?" She asked.

He shook his head.

"Alright. I don't think you have any broken bones, but if you start having horrible pain, have Dream call me." She told him.