night 1: linux. part 1

phone guy: welcome to your firstday working as a it guy after your transfer to the new freddy fazbear's pizzaplex . we know that it can be kind of creepy here at night but its the best way to make sure that when you come back to the pc that some kid hasn't hid a pizza slice in the cd tray. 

you: *thinking* i wish i could have gotten a job at google

phone guy: anyway you know what you're doing surely by now so i will leave you to it. ensure that the systems are all up by tomorrow and that no unwanted visitors are spying on the fazbear entertainment network. you can do it speak to you tomorrow.

you: okay... looks like the system here has suffered a SERIOUS corruption with all of the partitions. *you know this due to being a computer genius*

you: the only solution... i need to reinstall the operating system. where's my windows 11 recovery usb?

rockstar freddy: AUUURGHGHH!! *jumpscares you*

you: AHHH! what the flipping eff?!

rockstar freddy: not so fast buddy! you won't be installing windows 11 on that computer if i have anything to say about it?

you: *thinking* since when did the robots speak?

you: well its corporate policy that all fazbear entertainment machines run windows 11 in order to interface with microsoft 365 syste,s

rockstar freddy: *screeches again and looks threatening and towers over you and you try to not wet yourself*

you: why is this a problem even?

rockstar freddy: as it turns out windows 11 might as well be a form of spyware! even the calculator app has telemetry?

you: well it's done like that on purpose to gain usage statistics and even so that fazbear entertainment can monitor employees. why would an animatronic bear like you even care about this?

rockstar freddy: i used to be like you but then somebody installed linux in my head

you: *thinking* no not linux! anything but linux