A young girl walked through the bustling city, her jet black hair and piercing red eyes serving as an irresistible match that brought about awe and fear.

This girl's name was Yasuhiro Taeko, a name she had grown to despise as with time, believing it to be unfit of her grace and royalty...

...at least, that's what she's led herself to believe. The girl had always dreamed of a lavish life complete with all the "necessities" that would serve as marks of her desired lifestyle; a mansion, handsome vampire butlers.

As delusional as it seems, nothing seemed to deter Taeko from her goals, and she would do questionable means to achieve it, such as involving herself with underground activities such as gambling her life in order to earn a large sum.

But as expected, this would get her tangled up with some dangerous people; even though she served under a fake name, it didn't take time for some of the dangerous people she played and won against to find out her identity, therefore threatening her life. They also threatened her family, but she didn't really care... She saw them as nothing more than obstacles holding her back from achieving her preferred lifestyle and had since detached herself from them.

She never learned to love them, and she knows as much that they reciprocated that feeling.

The reason for her fast-walking under the city is due to having only won another battle with a rich man who had ties with the Mafia, she believed it was a distraction tactic until they flat out whispered her identity in her ear, causing her to almost lose, but thankfully she was able to save face and achieve a victory.

Now she was faced with another obstacle, a threat against her life. Obviously, the man did not take the loss kindly.

And as an effect of that threat, Yasuhiro had felt nothing but eyes on her ever since she left the place where she gambled at.

This was something Taeko always hated in settings like this. You go underground to conduct illegal activities, but get mad when you lose to someone against said illegal activity. Then again, taking someone's life is also an illegal activity, but it isn't explicitly said to be allowed underground. It may be just a tactic to discourage anyone from doing so, but not to completely bar someone from doing it. Especially if the ones doing it may be highly influential on both status and financial.

Taeko shook all the unwanted thoughts in her head and instead tried to think of something to do. She has no qualms setting up a murder, but how exactly would she do it? Sure she has influence, but it's not at a level where anyone would be willing to kill for her, or would she be able to commit herself and have people look away. There's also the fact that touching people who have connections is one way to have other people also gunning for your life, she already has enough on her plate.

Going to the authorities is also a no-go, the simple reason being they can be paid hush money, or they may find out about her too.

Taeko ultimately stopped her walk by a station at Shinjuku, attempting to catch her breath as she did so, and while eyes were still on her, she felt as if she was somewhat safe for now, although she couldn't point out why.

"I'm surprised. I knew lots of people online who would claim to have the world against them. However, people who actually are, are quite silent about it and prefer an impromptu plan like, to make haste as far away as possible."

A voice of a rather young boy laughed, he was leaning on one of the posts with his arms inside his pockets.

The boy that caught Taeko's attention was someone of no high stature, she's probably taller than him by an inch; he wore a long hoodie with a shirt inside, pants whose edges are tucked inside his long boots that reached under his knees.