3. the red card

*_*_*_*_*

NIRAN was in trouble. so much trouble.

she hadn't meant to be in it of course, but like all protagonists, trouble followed her like her own shadow.

it all started that morning. niran had a mission for the day. her spidey senses told her that someone may or may not be a victim of the red card today. and that someone may or may not be the weird girl who she found out was known as gorya.

and unfortunately, Niran's instincts never lie. damn spidey senses. turns out, a red card was given to someone. and that someone was gorya.

she was present in the locker room when it happened. she was texting mira about her latest interview. she had witnessed the horror painted on poor gorya's pretty face, her lips trembling, yet the look in her eyes told niran that she had expected this coming. the red card was hanging tauntingly in her locker as if laughing at her misery. gorya looked around to see overwhelming flashes from phones who were taking a picture of her unfortune and probably spreading the news. gorya kept shaking her head helplessly, and that's when Niran decided to play hero.

"go to the infirmary and hide there, quick." niran walked past the girl, wearing her pink kitty ear headphones and pretending like she was scrolling through her phone, slightly murmering while trying to not catch attention from the other people who were present.

gorya looked at the girl with wide eyes, taken aback but thanking the gods above for sending her an angel at the time of need.

she ran out from the locker rooms most likely to follow niran's advice while the latter calmly strutted out of the room wearing her headphones, her outer self much more composed than her heart which was beating at an abnormal pace. 

she couldn't believe that she just helped the girl! she was finally doing something good in her lfe for once. she could only hope no one had seen her at it.  now all she had to do was check in on the school group chat to find if gorya was okay, and try to find gorya herself before someone else finds her.

She hoped to the heavens that gorya had stuck to her advice and hid in the infirmary because if she hadn't Niran would burst out crying.

 (What? Don't judge. It wasn't her fault that she was an angry cryer.)

as she was walking through the halls like she could't care less about whatever was happening, she heard the gorgon sisters, aka, jane and her sidekicks. by the way they screaming like witches, it didn't take a genius to figure out that they had cornered gorya.

She turned the corner and ran towards the voices and hid behind the nearest wall.she felt like the main character in a thriller movie. taking notice of whatever that was happening, she could only scrunch her nose in disgust. they had drenched the poor girl in trash water. and were insulting her. niran could clearly hear all the nasty words they were spewing at her.

oh how she wished jessica was there with her.

as if fate, gorya's eyes met niran's. the both seemed to have created an on-the-spot bond, maybe the result of the adrenaline they were feeling, as niran mouthed the word, rooftop and gorya not hesitating to take her advice. 

they both knew there was no one else to rely on. though it wasn't niran who was suffering because of the red card at the moment, the game had destroyed her inside ever since she had stepped foot onto kochēr high school. though it wasn't her who created the cruel system, she was forced to help through her parents who were just mere pawns in thyme's chess board.