"in all seriousness, how are you feeling?"
"i don't know."
"what do you mean?"
"i woke up feeling like everything was just crashing down, right now i feel totally fine. so i don't know. i don't know what i'm feeling."
"and that's ok. you don't have to know what you're feeling all the time. you went through something no one should have to go through and there is no real way to cope with something like this. just know that everyone in this house is willing to help you through it, ok?"
"okay." i got up and wrapped my arms around his torso.

he held my head in one hand and the other held my waist, keeping me close in the embrace.

"did i ever tell you that you smell good?" i mumbled.

"no." he chuckled. "i do?"
"yeah. you smell like vanilla and cinnamon."
"is that a good thing?"
"it's a very good thing. i expected you to wear some expensive cologne that smelled really bad but i'm glad you don't."
"well, you smell good too. and you look even better in my hoodie."

i laughed and looked down, realizing i am still in his hoodie. he's so much taller than me so it almost reaches my knees and the sleeves are way longer than my arm length.

"i think it looks more like i'm a kid putting on my dads clothes."
"well i'm glad that they're mine. come on i think everyone's getting up and they're gonna wonder where you are."

i laughed as he picked me up bridal style and walked up the stairs with me in his arms. once we reached the top he sat me down and grabbed my hand, pulling me to the kitchen.

"hey, kiddos."
"hey, mom."
"hey, ellen."
"what were you two doing downstairs?"
"delilah was playing the piano."
"oh, that's great. we've had that piano for so long and no one's ever used it."
"well i'm glad that i can." i giggled.

"you want anything, deli?" jack asked going in his fridge.

"no, i'm ok, thanks."
"you sure?" he asked eyeing me with a concerned look etched on his face.

"yeah... yeah i'm sure."

he hesitantly nodded and took out the fruit bowl ellen cut yesterday as an afternoon snack. as the others slowly but surely woke up he placed the bowl on the table and the boys all grabbed forks and ate from it.

(i know, using a fork w fruit is weird but they're all eating from the same bowl so you figure you don't want their hands all in it)

i sat down next to jack with my head resting in my arms on the table.

"you ok, dells?" nico asked.

"yeah, i'm ok." i gave him a soft smile.

i sat up in my chair and took my phone out, scrolling through comments on my insta post.

jack reached in the bowl and got a strawberry on his fork and then put it in my face. i looked at him confused.

"eat it, deli."

i raised my eyebrow at him and bit the strawberry from his fork, him giving me a smile and me playfully rolling my eyes back at him.

he took one of my hands from under the table and locked his pinky with mine.

"are you left handed?" ty asked me while watching me hold my phone with one hand.