Prologue

Asahi's POV. Tsugikuni Dojo, 10 years ago.

"Heighten your senses to the finest. Be aware of your own movements down to the very last blood vessel."

"Then.....observe your own movements. Take out any unnecessary movements. Once you reach that point, you will be detached from the mortal realm."

"From that very moment, you shall enter the highest realm of existence."

"Now, clear your mind. Let it become invisible. To the point that you'll become like a plant."

These are the reminders that I was given when I began training my swordsmanship.

Our family has been practicing swordsmanship for hundreds of years, in order to reach this highest realm of existence.

One of my few ancestors were able to step inside this realm.

One of them was my grandfather.

This is what we call as "Muga no Kyochi" or known as the Selfless State.

One winter night......

The sky is gray, the ground is blanketed in snow, yet all the world is silent.

I was in the courtyard, practicing my sword swings.

It's cold, but not too cold as there is no snow falling.

I can hear the wind whooshing with every swing of my wooden sword.

Asahi: 987........988.........989........990......

Asahi: 991......992......993......

This is what I've been doing to train. One thousand swings.

It can help me enhance my focus and develop my endurance by practicing in a cold environment.

Asahi: Just a few more, Asahi!

Asahi: 997......998.....999.......

With one final downward slash, I concluded my training.

Asahi: 1000!

Asahi: Haaah.......haaah......

It feels like my arms are about to get torn.....

But I immediately knew what is the next thing to do....

Breath and focus.

Asahi: Total Concentration.

By following the right breathing patterns, speed, and depth of each breath......

It felt like my body is recovering from fatigue.

Grandpa always advised me to breath properly if I am ever going to master the Selfless State.