(15) tyler's testimony

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I know." She said too quickly to stop herself.

His eyes widened. "You know? How long have you known?"

She shrugged. "A little under a week. Olivia Baker let it slip as she tried to grill me on my tape."

He shook his head. "You went to see Hannah's mom without me?"

She smirked. "I was going to tell you, but you informed me how over Hannah and the trial you were. I didn't feel it necessary after that."

He sighed. "Don't do that. Don't keep me in the dark out of pettiness, Libs. You're better than that."

She smiled. "Okay, then perhaps the reason I didn't tell you was because I wanted you to get as well-adjusted as you could before this bomb was dropped on you. So did you have sex with Skye tonight?"

He had whiplash. "What-what did she tell you?"

She shrugged. "Nothing set in stone, but she did tell me she was bringing a condom just in case. Oh, and did you manage to stay awake long enough for the tattoo? I never told you how good of an idea the semicolon was."

He shook his head. "You are unbelievable."

She smirked. "And you haven't answered my question."

He sighed. "No. I saw the cuts on her thighs and it put me out of the mood."

Her eyes widened. "She's cutting again? Fuck! She didn't tell me that! She was supposed to start calling me."

He nodded. "Me too. She just won't listen. And I can't deal with another person I care about dying. I won't let it happen again."

She agreed. "So what are you gonna do about it, boyfriend?"

He scowled. "Why do you act like I'm such a bad boyfriend?"

She frowned. "I only started when you admitted you dread hanging out with her."

"I never said that." He denied.

She rolled her eyes. "It was implied by your body language. By the fact you forgot to get her a Valentine's Day gift and then tried to bitch to me and Tony about how hard it is. The truth of the matter has always been that something is holding you back whether you like it or not. And until you deal with that, you are not gonna enjoy being in a relationship with her. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to my boyfriend's house because I enjoy every moment of his company. Because I love him and cherish him like a partner should. Good day, brother. See you at school." And she hung up to finally walk to Tyler's.

He opened his window with a smile at seeing her. "I can't tell you how happy I am to see your beautiful face right now." And as soon as he helped her through the window, he gave her a deep kiss, pulling her face to his.

She kissed him back just as passionately as she ran her fingers through those majestic curls she loves so much. Already feeling better. "The feeling is mutual."

He led her to his bed as he started rubbing her shoulders absentmindedly. "So why did Millicent drag you out to dinner?"

She sighed. "An interrogation. For my dissertation and inevitable testimony. That woman needs to be medicated. And not in the way she would like." He laughed but something still seemed off. "Baby, what's wrong?"

He gulped as she instantly pulled his body into her arms, being the little spoon. "I've been called to testify tomorrow. To be the first."

Her eyes widened. "You're starting the trial? Are you okay with that?" She started petting him everywhere for comfort.

He nodded. "I wanted to be. So the court would know everything students like Hannah and I have been through. I'm ready to tell the truth, to own my wrongdoings. But......someone-someone doesn't want me to." He took one of her hands to clutch in his. "Somebody trashed the dark room. They-they hung up pictures of me with my face scratched out. It was threat, and they warned me not to say shit."