007. part ways

i know you.
chapter 7, part ways.
carmen berzatto x fem!oc
© ARCANE 2023

 carmen berzatto x fem!oc© ARCANE 2023

   "CHEF, LETS FIRE TWO chicken peppers, two sausage peppers, and two mortadell

"CHEF, LETS FIRE TWO chicken peppers, two sausage peppers, and two mortadell." Zoe shoots demands at Ebra over the kitchen as he repeats. Carmen stalks in and heads towards the hand sanitizer, sanitizing his hands. He hears Zoe, and he quickly turns his head to see her.

"Thank you, Chef." Zoe thanks Ebra.

"Yes, Chef." He replies.

"Fire, one more sausage pepper, one more mortadell." She called once again as Carmen continued to watch her as he walked around the kitchen. Carmen's wasn't only paying attention to how well she was doing her job but also to her focused face. And her focused lips. As well as her clear skin. Her long lashes. Her curly hair in a high bun.

"One more sausage paper, one more mortadell, Chef." Ebra repeats.

Carmen quickly pulls his attention away from her and turns to the pot in front of him, tasting it before getting back to cooking. He walks towards all the stations, checking the food.

"Thank you, Chef." He says to Tina.

"Okay, let's fire one more sausage pepper and two more mortadell, please." Zoe.

Hearing her voice once again, he quickly turns his head to look at her for the third time. And each time, he slowly gets closer to her.

"One more sausage pepper, one more mortadell, Chef." Ebra mistakes. Carmen quickly redirects his attention from her papers to her, to see if she corrects his mistake.

"Two more mortadell, Chef." She corrects. Ebra quickly changed it.

"Perfect, Chef." She praises him in a slightly high-pitched voice. Before looking back down at her paper, she glances at Carmen, who's standing right in front of her, blatantly looking at her. Getting shy, she quickly looks back down, heading back to her work.

"You want a line change?" Zoe asks, thinking he wants to take over.

"No. No. Stay," He quickly leaves her to it. She was doing a perfect job for him; he wanted to keep it that way. "I'll tourmant."

Zoe nods a couple times, turning her attention back to her papers. Carmen is still glancing at her face a few times.

"Um. Do you want me to, uh, come in tomorrow?" Zoe asks softly, afraid she wasn't hired.

"Please," Carmen said, breathy. Still looking at her. Every time he talked to her, he had to look her in the eyes. "You're hired."

Zoe quickly looks up as a wide smile covers her puffy face. "Yeah?"

Carmen quickly glances at the birthmark on her cheek. "Yes. You're pass, Chef." He smiles at her, quickly walking away. "Sydney, thanks for taking Richie."

"Thank you, Chef." She says it softly. "Uh, can I get hands, please?" She called.

"Okay, let's fire on more sausage pepper..."

"I understand. I do. " Carmen exhales, following a sigh, as he finishes his phone call with Sugar, his sister.

As the end of the day nears, Zoe finishes writing army at the end of the 'C' they reviewed from Nancy. She has seen it in the window and wondered why not. She heads back inside, packing her things away and throwing her jacket and bag on, heading towards Carmen's office.

She walks into the doorway to see him sitting in his chair, hanging up his phone with his back facing her. She knocks slightly.

He quickly turns his head to see Zoe shyly standing there, waiting for him to see her. "Oh, Hey." He says, turning his body fully towards her and the chair.

"Um, I just wanted to let you know I'm heading out." She says it softly.

"Alright, Yeah. I was gonna head out too." Carmen says quickly as he rushes to put his coat on, not even knowing why. Both of them hadn't exchanged words on it, but they both came to the conclusion in their minds that they'd be heading to the train station together.

"Ok. Great." Zoe whispers as she watches him throw his things on. They both start to head out the door to the restaurant as Carmy holds the door open for her. She whispers a 'thank you'.

They both settle down, slowly walking on the sidewalk, heading towards the train station. It wasn't uncomfortable, but there was tension in the air to make conversation.

"Was your day good?" Carmen asked, turning his head to look down at her. Carmen wasn't a tall man. But Zoe wasn't a tall woman either. Both of her parents were known to be pretty short. So he towered over her a good amount since she was 5'0.

She starts off nodding her head and exhaling deeply. "I mean, yeah. You know, it's hectic all around, but I love it. You guys make it better; expect Tina; she doesn't seem to like me very much." She goes on. She wanted to bring up the ideas she had earlier, but after the day he had, she knew it wasn't a good idea, so she left it.

"Yeah I've noticed. She'll get over it." Carmen grunted. He didn't care for the caddy girl fights; all he cared for was his work.

"Yeah.." She fades out, "How was your day? How've you been?" She jumps to ask, realizing she hadn't. She didn't want to seem like she didn't care.

"I'm fine. Like you said, hectic." Carmen grunts, not wanting to get into his feelings. But he felt like he could be with her. Silence fills the air as the question is somewhat turned down.

"I've been going through something." Carmen admitted. Zoe quickly turns her head to look at him.

"I don't really want to get into it all. But it's just been a lot on me, you know?" Carmen asked, turning to look her in the eyes.

Zoe quickly nods. "Yeah, yeah. I completely understand." They continue to walk, with a couple seconds filling the air. "If you ever need anything," She doesn't finish. He knows what she was going to say.

He nods as the train station comes into view. They both walk towards the metal bench and rest there, waiting for the next train, in silence. In comfortable silence.

Soon they're on the train together as it comes to a stop, and they have to part ways. They said their goodbyes and walked in the opposite direction.

 They said their goodbyes and walked in the opposite direction

○○○

○○○. NOTE. more zoe and carmy action. let me know if any mistakes. episode 2 finished.