Chapter 1: Vision Academy

My parents decided that we needed to move to Brooklyn because my father had been promoted. We didn't have much money in Queens and one day my father got the promotion, but he had to continue his job in Brooklyn. That's why we came here. The city was not very far, but it was better for us to stay there.

We packed our things in the car and drove to Brooklyn to find our new apartment.When we arrived, we put our things down and went inside. The place was empty and dark. Next to the front door was the living room and next to it was the kitchen. In front of them were two bedrooms and a bathroom. The bedroom on the left was mine and the one on the right was my parents'. My parents went to get the bags to bring them upstairs and I went into my new bedroom. At one point, my father brought my luggage to my room. When he left the room, I started unpacking and arranging my things. I put my clothes in the closet, made my bed, put my stuffed animals on the bed and a photo of my friends on the nightstand.

My mother called me into the kitchen to talk. When I arrived, he told me that they had enrolled me in Vision Academy and that I will stand there because they will have dorms. After that she told me to go to bed because it was late. I nodded and went to my room. I was quite stressed because it was an ACADEMY and not a simple school, but I finally managed to fall asleep.

The next morning, I woke up around 6:00 to get ready. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and take a quick shower. After that I went to eat breakfast and get dressed in something comfortable. It was already almost 7:00 so my father decided to drive me to the academy. After a 15 minute drive, we were finally there. There were many children my age there. I got out of the car and went inside.

While walking, I bumped into someone and this caused us both to fall to the ground. There were many books around us on the ground. I quickly apologized and started picking up the textbooks to give them to him. The person stood up in front of me and started picking up his books from the floor as well. When I stood up, I saw a boy about my age. His hair was black in braids, his eyes were dark brown, and he had a rather serious face.

"Are you new here?" He said looking at me. "Yeah, I'm new here and I don't really know which way to go-" I said. I stopped talking because his clothing was strange. "Why are you wearing something like that? You look weird in it" I said trying not to laugh. He chuckled a bit and said "This is the academy uniform, smartass." My face went blank at his words and I started to feel a little ashamed. "You don't have to feel silly. Come with me and I'll show you where you can get your uniform." He said. I nodded and followed him. He led me to a door where inside was a rather elderly lady.

"She's kind of a janitor but she's the one who gives the students their uniforms." He said. "Oh thanks. What's your name by the way?" I said. "Oh, it's Miles. Miles Morales. You?" He responded. "I'm Y/N." I said. "Cool, well I have to go to my class. See you later, doll." Having said that, he went on. I knocked on the door and went inside. The woman was sitting at the computer and when I entered she looked up.

"Hello, how can I help you?" She asked. "Hi, I heard you are a janitor who gives out uniforms to students. Could I have one, too?" I asked."Hi, I heard you are a janitor who gives out uniforms to students. Could I have one, too?" I asked."Hi, I heard you are a janitor who gives out uniforms to students. Could I have one, too?" I asked. The lady was shocked for a few moments but then she told me. "I think you're confusing me miss because I'm the headmistress of the academy, not some janitor who hands out uniforms." She said.

I was shocked and didn't know what to say. After a few moments, I worked up the courage to speak. "I'm sorry for the understanding. A boy told me you were the janitor." I said. "Well anyway, since you were talking about the uniform you can go to the academy nurse. She has some extra uniforms in case of emergency, but I think she can make an exception." She said. "Thank you very much." I said. "By the way dear, I know you're a new student so I'll give you these papers with the classes and the room you'll be staying in." She said as she took them out of the drawer and handed them to me. "Thank you again, I'll go to the nurse. Goodbye."

I got out of there as fast as I could. I felt embarrassed and angry at that Miles, but I got over it and started looking for the nurse's office. It took me about 20 minutes to find it, but I did. I knocked on the door and slowly went inside. There was a young lady sitting on a chair looking into a file. He looked up and asked, "How can I help you?" "Hi, I was wondering if you could give me a uniform. I'm a new student and I haven't received my uniform yet."

He looked at me and smiled. "Of course." She got up and reached a cabinet which she opened. There were a lot of uniforms there. She gave me one and said, "Wear it with pride!" It was strange, but I shook my head so as not to seem rude and left the office. I had a small schoolbag with me and there I put my paper with the classes I had. I took it out of there and looked over it. "I already lost the first period, hmmm.. the second is english, the third is math, the fourth is spanish, the fifth P.E. and sixth chemistry." I sighed and walked to the classroom where I had English class.

When I arrived, I knocked on the door and entered. Everyone was looking at me strangely like I was some horrible creature, but I didn't really care. Instead, the teacher was quite angry because I had entered in the middle of her class. I explained that I was the new girl and that I was lost. She finally let me sit down. The only free seat was the one in the back next to Miles Morales.. I sighed and sat down listening to what the teacher was saying. "Hey, how was the janitor?" Miles whispered as he chuckled. "Very funny Miles." I rolled my eyes as I looked at him. "I'm sorry girl, it was just too funny." He laughed softly. But before I could say anything, the teacher interrupted me. "Y/N, what did I ask?" "Uhh.." I was stuck, I couldn't even listen because of him. I said I didn't know and the teacher rolled her eyes and started talking to someone else. "Hey Y/N, wanna hear some news?" Miles asked in a whisper. "What?" I asked angrily. "You are my roommate" He said.

Exactly what I wanted. The boy who made fun of me is now my roommate. Excellent. "Okay doll, I'm sorry I laughed at you a little. Let's go get some drinks after school. I'll pay." He said. "Okay, we'll go." I answered. "Perfect, meet me in front of the academy after we finish classes." He smiled and rolled his head to fhe board.

Is he trying to become friends?

P.S.: I'll make chapter 2 after some days. So I hope you enjoy it.<3