| 15 | A Dress and a Sitter

Another already? Crazy.

I hope everyone is enjoying the story :)

———————— 15 ————————

"Din, aren't we already behind? We don't have time for my inadequacy." You slump down on a crate.

"First, Karga doesn't dictate my schedule. Secondly, I'm teaching you - which means you are NOT inadequate." Din walks over placing himself between your legs. He reaches up and tucks a stray hair behind your ear. "Mandalorians are the best fighters in the galaxy."

"But I'm not a Mandalorian." You stare at him and scrunch up your mouth.

He just stares at you for a moment, and then he sounds so far away, "No. You're not." He gives you a nudge under the chin and walks back to the middle of the hull, "Come. Again."

You are extra theatrical with how you get up and drag yourself back to over to him, you swear you can see him rolling his eyes. Atleast you get to look at him without the armour for the day - he looks so casual in pants and a tunic. It hadn't occurred to you he had any normal clothes. You giggle a little at the idea of mando lounge wear.

"You are small, but you are still strong - and fast." He fixes your ready position. "Play to your strengths. Look at him -" he nods to the baby, who is watching intently, "-he is an overgrown frog and he helped defeat a mudhorn."

You move in, swinging a right hook which Din of course easily deflects. "Ya, except -" left jab, deflected. "- he is a fricking Jedi." Left jab, din steps sideways completely and you fall forward. "He's magic." You manage to spin around and actually land a front kick, though Din catches your leg and holds it there. "Im just me."

"Just you just landed a hit." His voice has a hint of pride. "On a Mandalorian." He leans forward and gives your thigh a smack before letting your leg fall to the ground. "Again."

You are more careful this time, testing your approach. "How do you have a Jedi foundling anyways?"

Din stops moving. "He was a bounty."

You slow your circle, dropping your hands a bit. "A bounty?"

Din "I was contracted to find him. By an Imp." He shakes his head, raising his hands back to fighting stance. "But I - I couldn't leave him with them... he's... just a kid."

You stop for a moment and smile, "You're a big softy, you know that?"

Din scoffs. He lunges forward trying to grab you, but you manage to dodge him.

"How do you know he is a Jedi?" You kick at his leg and the deflects.

"My Armourer told me." He bobs in and taps you with his finger on your nose. "Hands up!" You stick our your tongue and raise your hands to protect your face. "She quested me to find a Jedi to return him to."

"Return him?" You glance over at the baby, your heart wrenches. Din flashes like lightning and sweeps your legs from under you, catching you before you hit the ground.

"He wouldn't go."

"I don't blame him." You blink up at Din. The two of you stay there for a moment. "Again?" You ask, smiling at him.

"Again." He pulls you up.

————————————

You spend the rest of the day training. Your everything is sore - you spend extra time in the fresher rubbing your muscles under the hot water. "Landing, 2 minutes." Din calls from the cockpit. You slowly pull yourself up the ladder and find your seat. The eager little bug jumps up on your lap. As the ship drops below the clouds the planet comes into view. It is beautiful, it's a desert like home, but there's so much life, so much wealth - and there are so many lights. You and the baby just stare bright eyed. "There's a bounty here?" You ask incredulously.