Chapter 2

Then we saw a group of people with three women and two men. "Drop all your weapons and kneel" I said, Chris H. continued to hold his gun pointed at there heads. They put down only one gun and two knives, "i said all your weapons" i shouted "we don't have anything else i promise" one of the men said "ok, then stay on your knees and put your hands on your head we will check you, ok?" I said and all of them nodded.I took out a detector we had found and we start checking them, "what's your names?" I asked the raven haired woman i had in front of me "I'm Katie" she said "this is Melissa and Chyler, and this is Chris W. and Jesse " she continues with the others names. " I'm Y/n and this is Chris H. " i say " what are you doing here ? " I ask " we were trying to escape from a group of zombies and we ended up here " Melissa answer. I was almost done checking them out but by the time I got to Chris W. and pressed the button on the machine the red color appeared on the screen . Chris H. pointed his gun at him while everyone else started asking what was going on. "What's wrong?" Melissa asked, "I'm sorry but he's infected" I answered and she started crying. "What are we going to do?" Chris H. asked "you take the others and take them to the camp and I'll stay with him for a while" "what?! No you won't kill him right ?" Melissa shouted "Babe, it's okay, everything is going to be ok" Chris W. said to Melissa to calm her down. Katie and the others take her and start following Chris H.. When we were alone Chris W. said "Shoot me so you can go with the others, just promise me you will take care of them" "i promise, but i am not gonna shoot" "what? but I'm infected" "i say I'm not gonna shoot you , you will do it yourself. Here is a gun with only one bullet i start to leave and when you are ready you use it ok ? " I say giving him the gun " ok "
After a few minutes as I had moved away a little I heard the shot.

_Meanwhile_

__Katie's Pov __

As we were following Chris H .who was taking us to camp we heard a gunshot, then Melissa fell to her knees and started crying "no no no" she said so we understood what had happened. "Melissa ssh ssh it's okay come on we need to leave" we helped her up and continued the route.

After a few hours of walking we came to a place that had a trailer and two cars and there were some tents around then Chris H. called out "Guys I brought some company" then two men appeared "hey , who are they?" "We found them with Y/ n in the woods and we thought we'd bring them with us " " ok , well I'm Chris E. Y/n brother and this is Tom .Do you have any injuries we need to tend to?" "No only some scratches" Chyler answer "ok, Lizzie will come in a bit and show you where you will be staying. By the way where is Y/n? " " She will come in a little. She stay back because one of their friends was infected and she had to take care of him " Chris H. said ," oh , I'm sorry for your loss " .
After a while a women approach us and said "hey I'm Lizzie you can follow me, we are preparing some tents for you to stay", as she was showing us I saw that Y/n came back and I thought that it would be good to go to speak her later .

__Y/n's Pov__

After night fell and I was sitting alone looking at the view from where we were, I heard footsteps behind me "hey, why are you sitting here alone?" a familiar voice said, I turned to look who it was and I saw Katie holding two beers. "I bring one for you" she says holding out one beer so I can take it "so will you answer my question?" she asked "Well, I wanted to sit and think a little, you what are you doing here?" "Well, i wanted to thank you" "for what?" "For helping us and taking us with you" she said, "no problem, how is your friend?" "She is okay now, she got tired of crying and fell asleep" "I'm sorry" "No it's not your fault you did what you had to". Then Katie winced holding her arm "what's wrong? are you hurt?" i ask "No it's just a scratch nothing serious" "let me have a look" i said and then she came closer giving me her hand "it's not something serious but i can take care of it in my tent, come with me" "no, you don't need I'm fine" " i insist , come with me ". After we got to the stage I took the first aid box and sat next to Katie "give me your hand" , after a while as i was taking care of her wound katie break the silence and say "how do you know to take care of wounds so well?" " Well, I was a medic in the British army " " really?" "Yeah, what were you doing before all this happened ?" "I was an actress" " that sounds good " " yeah it was good times " and then comfortable silence fell between us while we stare at each others eyes but suddenly a loud noise came from outside. Then Katie start to get scared" what was that ?" she asked "I don't know but you stay close to me okay?" I ask and she nod taking a tight hold of my hand.

A/n:
What do you think will happen in the next chapter ?