The Saiyan and Transfer Student

I just wanted to apologize for the late chapter. I've been so focused on Honkai Star Rail that I completely neglected this chapter despite being 70% done with it at the time. 

[Sunday, June 4th]

Right now, Tobiichi Origami, swallowed her saliva, as if trying to regulate her breathing, tightly holding her high-efficiency laser blade in her hand.

Currently wrapping her slender body, was the signature equipment of the AST— the CR unit. Equipped with the Realizer, it gave Origami superhuman abilities allowing them to perform "Magic."

However—Origami who is currently a superhuman, has been driven into a corner. 

"—Uwaaaaaa!?" 

"Tch."

She could hear the screams of her teammates in her communicator, which led to Origami letting out a soft sigh.

That was the ninth scream she heard, which made it nine. All members besides Origami had been defeated.

She was in the JDSF Special Training grounds near Tenguu Base, battling none other than—

—Takamiya Mana.

She was around 14 to 15 years old. Under the left eye of her adorable face was a tear mone, with remnants of innocence still remaining.

However, encasing that petite figure was an unadorable mechanized armor that did not match that girl at all—— the CR unit.

It was a slightly more advanced model than Origami and the other AST members normally used. It's said to be the newest prototype for the AST to use in the future.

"—Hey, last person. Wherever you're hiding, please hurry and come out."

Mana simply stated, totally ignoring the AST members that laid beneath her feet.

It was an absolute one-sided power. It was just like having a Spirit as an opponent.

It was at the end of May when she was posted to Tenguu base, and was said to be the JDSF's trump card.

Not only was she one of the best users of the Realizer in the world, but it was said that she had an ability neither the Spirits nor the AST had. An ability so powerful that she was able to K.I.L.L. a Spirit by herself.

Just by that rumor alone, she would indeed be a monster.

However, on her first meeting, she said sentences along the lines of "Is there anyone who can beat me here? Even one is okay." Of course, for the AST who prided themselves as elites, there is no way they would take it lying down.

Thus, as an excuse to find out Mana's combat ability, a special mock battle of one versus ten was held.

Although truthfully speaking, Origami had no interest in this...

Without saying anything, Origami remembered the conversation that she had with Mana the day before.

The day that Mana had been posted to Tenguu base, Origami and the AST members were looking at the battle images from the other day.

Mana looked at the image shown on the screen—Itsuka Goku, and said. "—Nii-sama."

Origami has never heard of Goku having such a sister before. After Origami raised this issue with her, Mana spoke with a shocked expression.

[!! You also know Nii-sama!? Umu... Nn, okay, I can tell you the details.—But only if you participate in this mock battle.]

After that conversation, Origami was left with no other option, so in the end, she had to participate in the exercise.