chapter 47 - A Kept Promise

Start from the beginning

This made them freeze in their steps as they gave each other worried looks. Monika made eye contact with them and shook her head no, signaling they should leave. So they did, and a sigh escaped Monika as she happily listened to Natsuki ramble about where she'd shove that bat if she ever caught one of them.

Monika even missed Natsuki's side eyeing the people that left during that whole one-sided conversation.

The walk to the clubroom was mainly quiet, and Monika couldn't bring herself to fully express how happy she was to see Natsuki. While it occurred to Monika that she would eventually be hunted down by Rose, the thought of spending more time away from her made Monika overcome with joy.

Just then, Natsuki ran ahead to the clubroom and tapped the door with her hand.

"Haha! I got here first! Now pass the keys!!" Smiled Natsuki, holding her free hand up in preparation to catch and Monika chuckled at her childishness before lightly tossing Natsuki the keys.

After Natsuki unlocked the door, both girls walked in and calmly placed down their bags at their usual spots in the clubroom. Natsuki made sure to hold onto the keys.

Some time went by as Monika kept a watchful eye for the other club members, and Natsuki watched her phone carefully. Just then, Natsuki got a message.

"So...do you know when the others might arrive..?" Carefully asked Monika, watching Natsuki as the smaller girl began closing all the blinds of the windows on the wall that separated the classroom from the hallway.

"They probably won't be coming." Said Natsuki, walking back to her bag and grabbing the keys.

"Do you know why they-"ya know you're very VERY lucky they're so kind Monika. Even though you've been treating them like shit they still wanted to do things this way rather than my way." Interupted Natsuki, earning a very confused expression from Monika.

Natsuki then locked the door and went back to sit at her desk like nothing happened.

"Natsuki, what the hell are you doing??"

"I'm keeping my promise by not smacking the shit out of you in order to keep you here." Bluntly Confessed Natsuki.

"Keep me here..?! Why??" Asked Monika, still confused.

"Because you dumb bitch, me, Yuri and Sayori all know your being manipulated!! And keeping you here means whomever desperately wants you away from us will have to come and get you." Said Natsuki.

Monikas face paled as she stood up from the teachers desk and began to approach Natsuki.

"Natsuki, give me the keys." Said Monika.

"No."

"Give me the-!" Just then, Natsuki threw the keys out the window down to the first floor. Monika rushed to the window and looked down only to be even more shocked.

Smiling up at her was Sayori, holding the keys in her hands.

"Sorry Moni! We'll return them in a bit! We just need to see for ourselves who's been bothering you!!" Shouted Sayori before walking away.

"W-Wait, Sayori! No! Give them here now!! FUCK!!!" Shouted Monika as Sayori already walked away back into the school building.

She took several steps back and dragged both bands through her hair in frustration.

"You are all crazy! And insuferable!!" Huffed Monika trying to hide her smile.

"Thank you, and you're welcome." Said Natsuki. Monika sighed before taking a seat next to Natsuki.

"I thought I hid things pretty well by distancing myself..."

"Sayori is clingy, I'm stubborn, and Yuris is super smart. You chose the wrong friends if you wanted to hide things." Chuckled Natsuki, earning a small laugh from Monika.

"I-I don't know what to do... if you're all forced into this hell with me... I'd never forgive myself..." Whispered Monika as she berried her face in her hands.

"After all the information we got from just one day of following you and the others working for Rose, it won't take long for us to have enough evidence to report this Monika..." Said Natsuki, but Monika shook her head.

"She has information on all of you! Private personal things that shouldn't ever see the light of day!" Said Monika in an almost whimpering voice, trying to hold back her tears.

Natsukis eyes widened, and she leaned back into her chair and began to think.

"If you could get evidence of that, we could end that bitch." Said Natsuki.

"Natsuki, she comes from a very rich and influential family!! The whole case would be shut down as soon as it opens."

"Well, you and Yuris families are pretty powerful too, aren't they??" Said Natsuki, Monika scoffed.

"Last I checked, Yuri isn't on speaking terms with her family, and mine would definitely prioritise their precious contract with Roses family then helping me." Angrily said Monika, wiping away the few tears that escaped her eyes.

Natsuki bit her lip.

"There will be another way. We will find another way. But we have to STICK TOGETHER. Okey Monika?" Said Natsuki, wrapping her arms around Monika, giving her a side hug. Monika just sighed and nodded, hugging Natsuki back.

"I'll have to message you all on a new phone, and I'll need some time to be able to arrange that." Said Monika, gently letting go of Natsuki.

"Cool, I'll tell the others, we'll keep an eye out for messages or calls from an unknown number." Said Natsuki.

"Shit...Yuri just messaged me...those pricks are just around the corner to come and get you. Sayoris not far behind." Said Natsuki looking at her phone.

Monika sighed and nodded in agreement with Natsuki as they simply waited patiently for whatever happened.