Chapter 27 - New Years Eve

Start from the beginning

"I fell asleep at 12:15." He says rolling over to go back to sleep.

"It's 3 now." I tell him. He groans and rolls out of the bed. He gets up and follows me downstairs. "So I didn't get to introduce y'all yet, but guys this is Jamie. Jamie this is Diana and Caroline." I say pointing to them.

"Nice to meet you." Jamie says.

"You too Jamie." Caroline says. Diana just smiles in response. After that we all start cooking something for tonight. Whether a dip, or some sort of hand held food item, we're cooking it. We're gonna have some of the Devils, the Ducks, the Canadiens, the Canucks, and some of the Michigan boys in the house. A lot of men, basically.

———————-

It's about 6 now, and all of the food and drinks are set up. People are slowly starting to show up. I recognize Nick and Ryan Suzuki, Elias Pettersson, Brock Boser, Dawson Mercer, and obviously Mason McTavish. We still have a lot of people showing up, especially from the Michigan team. I hear a knock on the door.

"I got it!" I shout. I open the door and see, "Nico!" I say as i bring him into a hug.

"Hey Lily." He says. "The team misses you back in Jersey."

"I miss y'all too, but I'm where i belong." I say smiling. He smiles in response.

"NICOOOO!" Mercer, Jack, and Luke yell in unison. Nico and I laugh as he walks over to the boys.

"Lily, who was that fine ass man." Diana says.

"That would be Nico Hichier, the Devils captain. You go with him, you'll be around Jack all night. I'm convinced they're dating." I tell her.

"Fine by me." She says. She walks off to go get something to drink, and i see Trevor and Caroline talking. Called it. Jamie walks up besides me, voicing my thoughts.

"They're gonna get together, aren't they?" He says.

"Hopefully. Been waiting for that moment since we were kids." I say.

'So that's how you met the girls?" He asks.

"That's how I met Caroline. I met Diana in college." I tell him.

"So then what's up with Jack and Diana?" He asks.

"I think they hooked up one night, and then shit went south. That, or they just don't like each other at all. I genuinely don't know" I say.

"Well that sucks." He says.

"I'm not too worried about it. Thing's will work themselves out eventually." I say.

"Got it." He says laughing slightly. The doorbell rings again.

"I'll be right back." I tell Jamie. i walk up to the door to open it.

"You must be Lily." One boy says. He has fluffy light brown hair.

"I am, and you three are?" I ask them.

"Mark Estapa." Fluffy hair says.

"Dylan Duke." One with some weird stubble thing going on. 

"Tyler Duke. Dylan is my older brother." The last one says. They look so alike, i would have thought they were twins.

"I'm assuming you boys are from the Michigan team?" I ask them, moving so they can come in.

"And I'm assuming you're from heaven? Cause my god you are beautiful." Mark says. Ethan walks up.

"And off limits. She got a boyfriend, but when they break up she's mine." Ethan says.

"We'll see about that." Mark says. I laugh at the boys and find Jamie watching the interaction.