Chapter 1: Big News

Začít od začátku

'You may come in'

Both of the women looked at eachother before opening the door. The room was clean, kept dark and only iluminated by a lamp on the desk opposite the door. A window was placed right behind it so you could clearly see the usually quiet and *some might say* unsettling forest, that was currently veiled in the moonlight. The walls were lined with bookshelfs filled with whatever literature the boss enjoyed at the moment.

Speaking of the boss, he was sat right behind the desk, patiently waiting for the duo to come closer to him, his pale hands placed under his chin.

'I have a mission for you two'

They just nodded and waited for him to continue.

Placing his hands on the desk, he pushed his chair a bit away, before reaching to one of the many drawers he had. Then he pulled out something. It was small - hidden in his fist.

'And I have a feeling you will be excited upon hearing the details' he nodded slightly towards them. Stepping even closer, Jane stretched out her hand and waited for the faceless creature to drop the item into her palm.

Never she had expected to see two, very familiar silver rings with raven, rectangular jewels.

Their eyes widened, immediately recognizing them.

"But- these are-"

"Do you mean-"

'Yes. It is exactly what you think'

They both looked at eachother, their eyes widening with the excitement building withing them, grins making their ways to their faces.

"But - why? I thought we were done with that place" Scarlet raised a brow. There was no mention about it from their boss after they got back; so why now?

'It is true that I kept quiet about my curiosity, but it has reached it's peak. The concept of quirks is still in the back of my mind. I am interested to know more'

The duo nodded, Scarlet taking one ring from Janes hand and automatically putting it on; Jane waited, holding it between her fingers. But then they noticed the small change in the bosses mood.

'There is also one other, and to be honest the main reason, for my decision' he rubbed the space where his nose would've been. The duo raised a brow, when a new voice popped behind them.

''Is it happening? Is it finally happening?!" A small girl circled in excitement around them before settling her wide emerald eyes on the faceless man behind the desk. The women weren't as surprised by her sudden appearance - they got used to it.

'Sally, please. How many times have I told you to knock?'

"But it's an emergency! I had to come quick! No time for knocking, right, Mr. D?'' she smiled down at the stuffed teddy bear she always carried around.

The man let out a sigh while the little girl giggled, standing between the somewhat confused duo.

''So; why is Sally here?'' Scarlet looked at the girl, then back at their boss.

'To put it simply - she wants to see more of the world you've lived in. From that one time she saw you use your quirks, she became enamoured by them; by her words-'

''Flashy and Amazing and Cool!'' the girl jumped up with a huge smile on her face.

'-Exactly that. Thought, to be completely honest, I can understand her fascination' a small chuckle resonated through their heads, before the man cleared his throat, placing his hands back under his chin.