Chapter 89: Moonlight

Start from the beginning

Gao Ran was so scared to think about it. She was different from Gao Xi, at any rate Gao Xi had a princess grandmother, but she had nothing. Once she lost Gu Cheng Yao, her situation would be much worse than Gao Xi. Gao Ran was sobbing and choking. She had been good at calculating all of her life, if she cried she must cry perfectly, lovely pitiful. But only then did Gao Ran realize that when she was really sad, she couldn't care about her appearance.

This was probably the first time Gao Ran really cried in years, but Gu Cheng Yao still looked at her coldly. He didn't believe Gao Ran was really crying, he just felt that Gao Ran was acting again.

"Shizi, it was so beautiful when we met, why is it like this now?"

Gao Ran really couldn't figure out the answer. She always felt that she was different from others. What's more, she and Gu Cheng Yao met before marriage and had such an unforgettable love. They had been going around for several years, during which they almost married other people, with great difficulty they were together again. To reach here was not easy, and the emotional foundation was so deep. Why it become like this?

Gu Cheng Yao seemed to think of what happened back then. Gao Ran saw Gu Cheng Yao standing quietly in place, seemingly recall the past, she slowly leaned over, wanting to hug Gu Cheng Yao.

Gao Ran approached step by step. When her hand was barely encircle Gu Cheng Yao's body, he grabbed her wrist. Gu Cheng Yao slowly but unhesitatingly pulled her away.

"I'm in love with the kind and charming girl who is willing to save a life even if she never know him, not you."

Gao Ran's face was drained of the blood: "Why is it not me? Shizi, it's indeed I who rescue you at the back of the mountain that year. The time, place, and details of your clothes at that time, I can match them all."

"But you said that the jade pendant was originally yours, and you also said that Gao Xi learned that I was looking for a lifesaver, so she forcibly snatched half of your jade pendant, and even collude with Grand Princess Shou Kang to send the jade pendant to father to replace your credit. You also said that you did not have a good life in Duke Yingguo Mansion. Because you are a shu daughter, you always suffer in silence. You were bullied by Gao Xi but you didn't dare to say anything, even when she snatched your predestined marriage you were helpless. "

"Shizi, this is a misunderstanding." Gao Ran sadly clutched Gu Cheng Yao's sleeve, raised her face and said to him, "How can you think of me like that just because Yun Hui's one side words?"

"Misunderstanding?" Gu Cheng Yao couldn't help but laugh. Although he was laughing, there was a sadness that could not be concealed in his laughter. "Then do you know that Gao Xi is dead because of these misunderstandings? Do you think she is already dead anyway and won't be able defend herself, so you pour dirty water on her, saying that she bullied you, pushing you around, and took your life-saving grace. Even after we got married, you still stopped me in the Duke mansion's garden in order to destroy your sister's marriage."

Gao Ran's face was pale and scary: "You blame me for ruining your relationship with Gao Xi? But this is originally mine. I told you the real person who saved you is me, so you blamed me for telling you the truth?"

Gu Cheng Yao closed his eyes in pain. If there wasn't Gao Ran or if he didn't accompany Gao Xi back to Duke Yingguo Mansion back then, what would happen? He still thought that Gao Xi was the girl who saved him. The sweetness of the first month of their marriage could continue. Gao Xi would slowly let go of her defense and spikes, becoming coquettish and clingy, perhaps very soon, they would have their first child...

But that would never be possible, and he would never have the chance to know if he hadn't treat Gao Xi coldly, would they have become a couple. Gao Xi was dead, and his father got out of his mother's influence and married Lin Wei Xi.