"Sage!" I shouted. She finally shot her attention towards me. "I know you're devastated about that cat but you have to know that nothing will happen to him. He came from the streets so he knows how to survive in the streets"

I was proud of my self-control at this moment, otherwise, I would have argued over the fact that she cares more for her cat than for me. I took am upset by the way she was acting, she was different and out of character and she feels like a total stranger who got her life removed from her hands.

It's as if her entire world was destroyed because she lost the cat— that too! She lost the cat because the cat followed her out. I can scream and be mad in front of her if only she blamed me.

True to her heart, she didn't blame me. I could tell.

She took what I said in thought and stop in her tracks. I walked towards her and grabbed both of her hands to hold.

"Besides, my men are doing their best in searching the cat. They discovered the street where the cat was last seen from the cameras, they'll find him soon" I reassured. Night went out of the cameras at the xxx street, I sent my men to gather videos from the security cameras of each building in that block.

"You have to find him Reon...you don't know how much that cat means to me"

"Yes. I will, I promise we'll find him"

I manage to calm Sage's nerves down. I cooked lunch while she took a quick nap in the bedroom. She was exhausted from her job and from the news I have to tell her about her cat. I ponder enough thoughts while I was cooking in the kitchen with the company of silence and the sizzle of the onion and garlic. 

The cat is more important than me, I could tell from Sage's reaction earlier. It may sound childish coming from a man who's forty-nine years old, but I'm jealous of that pet. How can a cat have such attraction from Sage? That animal can't even speak or provide for her yet I have a feeling that she'll choose that cat over me. It's like her entire world relies on that cat. What does it have that I don't?

I cooked lunch in a bitter mood. They say the food will taste depending on the emotions you put into it. The beef probably taste bitter but I found myself not caring about it. It would be better if it's bitter, that way Sage will be aware of what I feel. 

The only thought that can calm me now is that the cat will be long gone. Dead if possible. I can have her all by myself if that happens.

My phone rang in my pocket, distracting my devious plan against the cat. Without haste, I answered it after I saw the caller.

"Thomas, you called?"

"Have you decided who's going to replace you?" I forgot about this issue.

"Yes, I heard from Don that his underlings have someone"

"That's good, though it would have been nice if it's your son..."

"I don't want my son to meddle in this organization, it would bring him no good."

"Suit yourself, but a word of advice my friend, you should discuss about this with your son, who knows maybe he wants to be a part of this and you're just deciding for yourself." He does have a point.

"He wasn't even interested in my company what more would he do with this position? I know my son. He just doesn't have a goal in mind right now"

"Sure. Anyways, the meet up will be this Wednesday"

"What? Why was I informed about this?"

"I already informed you now"

It's two days from today. I hadn't spent much time with Sage yet and now I have to go back to Chicago for a few weeks to train disciples. Who knows when I would be back in Monaco.