- Kimono shopping -

Izuku woke up alone in his bed realizing it must have been a dream.
"Stupid." Izuku mumbles to himself stretching his arms as he sat up. He frowned hearing some all so familiar voices coming from the kitchen. He quickly got up stumbling his way there, his eyelids still not fully open.

"Hey Mido!" Kaminari grins waving to the half asleep greenette who was still in his clothes from the day prior.
"Good morning guys." Izuku responds rubbing his eyes and smiling at them.
"So you and Bakubro, huh?" Kirishima asks with a suggestive tone making Izuku flush red.
"W-what about m-me and K-Kacchan?" Izuku asks back, hoping he would drop it, slowly realizing it wasn't a dream, that Katsuki had the shirt of Izuku on and that last night's events were real.
"Seriously? When we got here, he was sleeping in your bed shirtless! Now tell us!" Kaminari orders and Izuku chuckles at his bantering.

"Nothing Denki, he just came over and he was still a little drunk. He also invited me for the fireworks tonight, were you guys coming?" Izuku asks and Katsuki clenched his fists realizing he might not have been clear enough. Of course Izuku would think it's a group activity.. He should have mentioned it was a date.

"Yup! We were planning on asking you to join too, but I guess mister beat us to it." Kaminari jokes, not realizing the crisped face of Katsuki.
"Cool!" Izuku smiles looking at the duo. He looks back at Katsuki and realizes he just self sabotaged himself, he could have been alone with Katsuki for new years..

"Are the others coming?" Izuku asks the two.
"Yeah! Everyone's in on it!" Kaminari grins enthusiastically.
"Cool! Oh and what should I wear?" Izuku asks unsure. He remembers his mother speaking about everyone going in kimonos at those types of events but he didn't want to seem out of place either.
"Oh, some people prefer going into normal clothing but we were planning on trying more traditional this year and going into kimonos!" Kaminari explains, which perked the blonde's interest.

Izuku in a kimono?

"I see.. Do you guys know where I could go buy one? The only one I have is the one I had when I was 10 years old-" Izuku explains embarrassed.
"Oh!! Can we go together? We're on the same boat and my mom gave me the name of a nice place to go shop at." Kaminari exclaims, much to Izuku's relief.
"Yeah, I don't mind." Izuku smiles softly as he shifted to the kitchen where Katsuki was and he found his usual note.

Hey sweetheart, I hope you have a nice date with Katsuki-kun, I left you extra money for your expenses. Please use it.
I love you and happy new years.

- Love, mom

Izuku smiled grabbing the money and going to put it in the jar but he was stopped when someone grabbed the money from his hands.
"I'll be holding on to this, you need it to pay your kimono, remember?" Katsuki questions in a long sigh and Izuku nods.

"I was gonna use my own money for that. I've been keeping it for something like this." Izuku explains, not so discreetly trying to get the money back.

"What's that pot for anyway? You never touch it." Katsuki asks putting the bills too high for Izuku to reach.

"Emergencies and.. college.." He mumbles ashamed and Katsuki chuckles.

"Well, don't worry, with your grades you'll get a full scholarship, no doubt about it." Katsuki sighs, slowly bringing the money at a more accessible height.

"Well, there's a chance I won't and I wanna study so this is important." Izuku mumbles. "So I'll use my personal money and that's end of discussion." Izuku repeats and Katsuki sighs loudly.

"Idiot." Katsuki grumbles. "Pay for it with this money, just this once, your mom looked too excited for you to refuse it again." He pleads looking at Izuku's eyes fill with guilt.