Chapter 29: Red Makeup

Start from the beginning

Seeing Gao Ran's confident look, Han shi finally relieved. She knew that this daughter had been worry-free since she was a child, Han shi sighed: "When you give birth to a son, you will have a firm foothold in your husband's house. Your brother will have you as Shizi Consort to help him, in the future it will be much better."

To put it bluntly, Han shi asked so many questions about whether Gao Ran could keep her position as Shizi Consort, of course it was meant for her daughter, but it was more for her son. To have an elder sister who gave birth to the di grandson of Yan Wang Mansion, Han shi's son could get the most benefit in Duke Yingguo Mansion, in the school, and even in the officialdom in the future.

Gao Ran knew about Han shi's patriarchal thought, although she loves her, she always puts her younger brother first. Gao Ran didn't care about this, let alone blame Han shi's eccentricity. Although she was a transmigrate woman, it was ancient times. Gao Ran felt that it was fine.

When Lin Wei Xi was a teenager, because the family paid more attention to her male cousin, she always worked hard to study, and learned better than her male cousin, but Gao Ran didn't. She readily accepted that her younger brother was better than herself, and her younger brother would always got more good things. The growth environment and natural temperament did not know who shaped who, the two have completely different personalities, their life experience were therefore very different.

Everyone is the main character in their own life story.

Gu Hui Yan entrusted the wedding to Grand Princess Shou Kang. Seeing that Yan Wang really trusted her, Princess Shou Kang was not polite and took out the money from her maiden family, every etiquette that need to paid attention to was given attention. It stands to reason that when the groom was older, in order not to delay the offspring, the bride would always shorten the preparation time for marriage and enter the door as soon as possible and Yan Wang's situation was simply the most outstanding among older groom. But Gu Hui Yan did not urge, Princess Shou Kang then doing things as she pleased, fully kept Lin Wei Xi for half a year, extended the bride's shelf life and hold the wedding unhurriedly.

Lin Wei Xi lived in the princess mansion from midsummer to early winter. The wind roared outside the house and the trees were desolate. In a blink of an eye, it was already November.

Lin Wei Xi was called up early in the morning, outside the room there were already full of female officials. After hearing Lin Wei Xi got up, they lined up in two rows, holding trays in their hands. Wan Xing and Wan Yue put on a new set of clothes, their nerves were tense but alert.

Princess Shou Kang Mansion held a happy event, and the marriage partner was even Yan Wang, oh, this was incredible. From the emperor's relatives to the pillar of the imperial court, people who had name in the capital prepared generous gifts since long ago, and the madam of each family also ready to go. On the day of the wedding of Yan Wangfei, the one who had a friendly relation came to the Yan Wangfei's boudoir to send off the bride. The one who were not too close went to the front to amused Princess Shou Kang. The one who had ticker face went on early to the Yan Wang Mansion's banquet.

With the background of Grand Princess Shou Kang and Yan Wang, Lin Wei Xi's room since early in the morning was full of Wangfei, Gongzhu, and Junzhu. The remaining madams and young ladies had also walked around the imperial court all year round. Even in front of Empress Dowager they still had face. The Good Fortune Madam, who was personally invited by Princess Shou Kang, took the thin thread, said auspicious words, and skillfully opened Lin Wei Xi's face. The hairs on her face were trim with the tread causing a slight pain. Lin Wei Xi endured it without saying a word, letting The Good Fortune Madam performed this rite of passage that symbolized the transition from a young lady to a woman.