Chapter 26: Matchmaker

Start from the beginning

Gu Hui Yan looked at Grand Princess Shou Kang's eager eyes, and could guess what his aunt was thinking. He had already figured it out when he returned to the study. He prepared his horse and went out to visit Princess Shou Kang Mansion. He knew very well what he was doing and made clear arrangements for every step in the future. Now when asked by Princess Shou Kang, Gu Hui Yan also thought about it, why did he do this?

Lin Wei Xi said these words despite her illness. With Lin Wei Xi's temper, there would be no room for maneuver once such words were said, she either succeed or she leave Yan Wang Mansion, then their life would no longer intersect. Gu Hui Yan had to admit that he had a good impression of this overly lively girl, when he watch her make trouble, it was as if he also a lot younger in this pool of stagnant water. To let Lin Wei Xi moved away from the mansion and never see each other again forever, Gu Hui Yan feels inexplicably irritable. Since it's like this, then this was the remaining route available.

Between them, it was a very simple logic. Gu Hui Yan went to the battlefield at the age of fifteen and spent half his life on the battlefield. What he was best at was to make decisions, and when he made decisions he also was most decisive. Lin Wei Xi's affairs were much simpler than the ever-changing battlefield. The pros and cons were clear and organized. There was no dilemma of abandoning a team or abandoning the whole army. Gu Hui Yan only took a short time to make a decision. .

But Gu Hui Yan was not used to talked to others closely, so he just smiled and said: "Auntie can rest assured, there is no misunderstanding, I know what I am doing." After speaking, Gu Hui Yan stopped slightly. After a pause, he added another sentence: "She also knows."

I hope she knows.

Princess Shou Kang looked at ease, but she knew in her heart that she couldn't find out what was going on. Yan Wang looked reasonable and easy to talk to, but in fact was very strict with the boundaries, if she asked once again she would cross the boundaries. Princess Shou Kang changed the topic and stopped asking.

Grand Princess Shou Kang was extremely excited today. Her only granddaughter had passed away, and Princess Shou Kang felt unspeakable regret. Now there was Lin Wei Xi, and Princess Shou Kang was full of heart to do a perfect marriage for her, so she would not let her follow in Gao Xi's footsteps. After Gu Hui Yan entrusted the matter to Princess Shou Kang, he no longer remembered it. As for the six ceremonies, marriage proposal and other ceremonies, everything as Grand Princess Shou Kang said. Gu Hui Yan didn't care, as for whether it would be extravagance or not he even more didn't care. .

Seeing that the time was almost up, Gu Hui Yan got up and said farewell. Princess Shou Kang smiled and sent Gu Hui Yan out of the main hall, and then excitedly asked the mama to open the warehouse, she went to pick Lin Wei Xi's dowry in person. Princess Shou Kang Mansion was full of joy, while Yan Wang Mansion was still quiet and solemn. It had rained for a long time a few days ago, and the air was still full of moisture today. The trees in the courtyard were washed into deep green by the rain, and the wind blew into the sleeves, made a little cold thought appear.

After Lin Wei Xi woke up for a short time at noon, she fell asleep again. Her breathing was hot, her dreams were intermittent, and she slept very restlessly. The people in Jingdan Garden all came and went with a heavy face, no matter if they were sincere or faking it, they seemed to be very worried about Lin Wei Xi's condition now. Wan Xing and Wan Yue kept replacing the cold water kerchiefs on Lin Wei Xi's foreheads for a while, and spend the time like this until the evening when Lin Wei Xi's fever finally subsided.

After Lin Wei Xi woke up, she saw that the sky outside the window was dark. She bowed her head and coughed, ignoring the drink, and asked quickly: "Has Yan Wang hall came over?"