𝐯. 𝑁𝑜𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑒

Things seemed to blur after the events in Slovakia. Fallon ignored everyone and everything when they landed back in Latvia and made way back to camp. Her hands felt tied, shoulders slumped, and anyone could tell the unsettling fire that brimmed beneath her red rimmed eyes. She was a ghost and she was going to kill those who hurt her family.

Karli was doing everything she could to keep the camp operating and those who had witnessed Niko's sacrifice would offer consolation but neither she, Sam or Jihoon could bring themselves to break the news to Fallon that she was about to lose Donya as well. Karli stood outside her door, fidgeting and still mourning over someone she considered an older brother to her. Now she stood inches away from someone she considered a sister, slowly withering and there was nothing she could do. But Donya was dying, she had been for a while, but it was time to say goodbye is what the medic had told Karli. That the woman who built their cause did not have much time left. Now she had to tell Fallon because she deserved to know, even if it would further stir the storm insider her.

"Fallon" Karli grimaced at the croak in her voice, she had just visited Donya and maybe she was being selfish, she needed some solace in the older woman's grasp. " There's something you should know. I need to talk to you"

It was quiet for a moment before the lock clicked and Karli twisted the door open. Fallon was perched on her bed, her ocean eyes so dark that Karli could barely recognise her. Her face was taunt, the ghost of his death evident on her face and she looked close to it as well. Dry stained marks painted her cheeks but she didn't move when Karli took a seat beside her,

" I'm sorry Fal" she whispered. " I'm so sorry"

Fallon knew. Oh, she knew and Karli didn't need to say anything before she enveloped the young girl into her arms. She felt her shirt dampen but she didn't care, her hand patted her back lightly, soft coos humming in the otherwise silent room and Fallon understood. She had to say goodbye again. To bid farewell to another person who saved her life. And she felt this wouldn't be the last time either.